『Chapter 3』

I didn't even realize how much time has passed, and I didn't even update this story... My bad... But now I've got more chapters in the works; thus, more exciting things are to come. Don't worry, the next chapter will be coming very, very soon.

In the mean time, hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

~~~~~

Mal has the urge to scream, not really in anger but in shock. She has the urge to hide from her spot behind the tree to run up to Ben and demand answers, but knowing her, she might blow things out of proportion. After all, like her mother, she can turn into an enchanted dragon.

But thinking on what to do next wasn't on her mind at the moment.

In actuality, as soon as Mal saw Ben with those other people, especially with that girl, she ran away. No one saw her leave, but she ran as fast as her legs could take her. It's not accustom for a hero, or a child of a villain, to run away from their problems; however, Mal was suddenly hit with this news that Ben has been sneaking around to be with other people. She never suspected him of doing anything like this. It's so... not good.

Mal doesn't understand any of it.

Especially after she talked with Evie the day before, Mal remembers that she's not suppose to overreact, so with barely any other option left, Mal chose to run away. But she didn't run away like a coward would. In fact, she has a purpose to it. Her journey wouldn't be one to evade the truth.

So while she ran through the path she previously went, Mal pays no attention to the area around her. She doesn't have the time to take in the details like before. Everything around her was pretty much a smear of green, with rebel specks of the spectrum peeking through the corner of her eye. Even when she looks to the ground, the dirt was beginning to smooth out like a rug of silk fabric Evie would use for her designs. Her shoes, though black and blending to the ground itself, flickers in and out of her view.

Then Mal looks back up. She sees the same medieval-styled school building growing superior, pushing back the forestry that crowds her. In seconds, the building was all she could see along with the vast courtyard that was currently littered with Auradon Prep students.

The forest was behind her and her true intentions lies at the end of her path.

Turning her head to the left, Mal spots her best friend's glistening sapphire hair standing out from everyone else's silky blonde and smooth brunette hair. Even her exploding outfit, consisting her signature cobalt blue, stood out from Jay and Carlos's tourney uniforms.

Not wanting to cause any unwanted attention beaming down on her, Mal attempts to casually walk down the pavements. But there was a perk in her steps and her pace was twice as fast as a normal stroll. Although no one saw any difference in Mal's demeanor, if they were to just look at her face, they'd see the craze in her eyes and her lips glued tightly shut. There was an exploding secret inside of her she was forcing to keep tightly shut.

That is until it reaches the right ears.

With that, Mal hops off of the pavement, skids through the muddy grassland while the loose mud tarnishes her shoes, and slams her body on Evie's back.

Evie couldn't foresee the action and Jay and Carlos fail to warn her otherwise. So once Mal strikes her, Evie jolts forward and drops the spoonful of tomato soup onto the table, splattering the red hot substance onto the sun-worn blue tabletop. It's better that the table takes the hit rather than Evie's dress. Nobody wants to meet that fate.