『Chapter 7』

While other students bounce from table to table, interacting with their friends and peers, a couple sits in their area in the middle of it all. The couple people-watches each person that passes their table. Nobody bothers to notice a redhead and a brunet watching their every move.

Though Heather and George can mingle all they like, they really don't want to.

In all honesty, they don't even realize that they're people-watching in the first place. It's the only thing that they can do while they wait for the last member of their trio. They could start their lunch, but for some odd unspoken rule, they want to wait until everyone is seated at the table.

And it's not easy to find Hela when their table is on the other end of the courtyard and when it's completely flooded with people blocking their view.

Heather sighs. She slouches against the table, her elbows resting on the surface, and her hair pins pick at her scalp. She relieves the itch once having to battle her wild, fiery knots. Soon after, she grabs George's phone that lies between their trays and unlocks the phone. She searches through the contacts to find Hela's number and intends to text her to ask why she's taking her sweet time.

However before Heather can write the message, George groans. When Heather turns to him, she finds that his face is smash against the palm of his hand.

"What's wrong, George?" she asks as her brow perks. She drops his phone back onto the table, having opted to talk with her boyfriend instead.

"Nothing... I'm just freaking out over my English Lit exam I have in sixth period," he mumbles. His lips stretch out as he drags his hand down his face, pulling at his skin.

"Did you study?"

"No."

She scoffs. "I thought you said you wanted to pass all of your classes this year?" She shakes her head. "It's still the beginning of the year, and already, you're going back on your vow. Do you want your parents to kill you?"

"C'mon, Heath, I really tried with this!" he exclaims, and jumps out of his somber position to face his girlfriend with a straight posture. "I understand the concepts, but I was going to study during my free period."

"Then what happened?"

"Jay and Carlos, that's what happened..."

"They want to open their bromance to you now?" She chuckles.

"Well they weren't letting me study with them, that's for sure." George brushes his hand through his textured brown hair as to release any stress he boils. "I swear it's like they're interviewing me to see if I'm a good fit for their spot in their circle of friends."

"What'd they ask?" Heather crosses her arms over each other.

"They just asked what my hobbies were and what kind of pranks I've already set up."

Heather casually bobs her head, reminiscing the times she had to bail George out of sticky situations.

"Then, they told me that we should plan a prank together."

"That's it? It doesn't sound too bad." She's about to turn away from George when-

"They eventually started to ask about my family, our family." He points his finger between the two of them. "They even started asking about Hela."