× Judging Stipulations ×

Hello there, my dear lurker

The stipulations for this award will be no different from the Critique Stipulations implemented in our book club. But just to recap, please read the following:

1. Grammar: This includes all the technicalities (i.e. sentence structure, SV agreement, use of metaphors/similes, the likes).

2. Plot/Story Development: What is the story all about? Is it clearly portrayed in the story? Is there a development overtime? 

3. Pacing of the Story: Is there a build-up of events? Does the author narrates the scenes well and effectively that it don't drag on?

4. Characters: Is there a development/improvement on the characters? Do they grow and expand? Are they realistic (like, do they think/feel/talk like a human would or whatever kind of specie they are)? Are the roles of the characters explained well?

5. Research: Is the information presented real? Are the facts in the story backed up by research?

6. Point of View (POV) & voice: Did the writer use the most appropriate POV? Is the voice consistent all throughout?

7. Dialogues: Not just the proper use of dialogue tags, but also the effectiveness and appropriateness of its use. Does the story has a lot of dialogues? Does it look like it is used as a filler for boring narratives?

And the additional criterion for this award:

8. Book Cover: Did the cover represent the story well? Does it speak for the story itself? Although be rest assured that this specification would only cover 5% of the total points to be earned.

Feel free to ask any questions by PM'ing us!