III

"Cassiel. Why don't you come to with me tonight." Sebastian said. "It would be an honor to have you there. And to be frank. I dislike being a butler to a child who uses me for every beacon call."

I smiled. "I would be honored."

I smiled but put my finger up. I put it on my lips. Quietly, I flashed away. When I came back red snake was in my hand. I put my hand on the snakes head. Quietly, putting the snake to sleep.

"For a fallen angel, Cassiel, you sure do have some archangel powers." Sebastian said. "You may be of some help in this case."

I grabbed his hand. "You are to NEVER talk about that. We do NOT talk about the past!" I yelled. Tears began to stream down my cheeks. My blue makeup slowly dripping away with my tears.

I stood. "You should go to your master. He is becoming impatient." I said quietly. The butler grabbed my hand. "Come with me, Cass..."

I stopped him. "You can't keep calling me that. It will give it all away. Choose a different name. Something cute... but not to cute." I said.

Sebastian nodded. "Then, I will start calling you, kitten." he smiled.

I looked at him my mouth ajar. "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!" I yelled.

"Well, we must be going, my young master would be happy to meet you." he said sarcastically. "Kitten~" he said laughing.

I huffed, knowing him, he loved cute nicknames. I rolled my eyes, and fallowed him. He led me to a carriage. I gave a low growl. The young child who yelled at me. The butler opened the door.

"My young lord, this is Cass... I mean Angel." he said. "She is an old acquaintance of mine. I believe she may be of some help.

The young earl groaned and looked at me. "YOU'RE THE BLOODY PEASANT WHO TOUCHED MY HORSES!" he yelled.

I looked at him, upset. Quietly, I backed away. "Young master, that is no way to talk to a lady." he said.

I looked down. My hair over my eyes. I blinked and sniffled. A few tears fell from my eyes. I backed away and left. The earl seemed to dislike me. Soon, the carriage left. I sat next to a small river. My hands on my face. In my reflection, I saw my once luxurious black wings. Gracefully touching the air I remembered them letting me soar in the sky. My hand gently touched behind me, the wings disappeared. I sighed, knowing that I had done bad. Quietly, I stood. The once black beauties I had, were now gone. I tried to hold myself together. My hands on my arms. A large lump was in my throat. There, I began to cry. I fell to the floor. I closed my eyes wishing this nightmare would go away... It was no nightmare anymore. It was the truth that I held inside of me. The archangel I used to be, was gone. I threw the silver necklace into the small river. I wanted nothing to do with it, knowing I had done what I did.

"I wish I didn't do that..." I said.

I sniffled. I soon went to the tent that I shared.

"Angel... are you alright?" Doll asked. I looked away. "Doll... I don't want to talk about it. I'm just going to bed."

I pulled a blanket over me. My blue eyes dripped with tears. I held the blanket close. I kept my tears quiet. I didn't want to wake doll. Soon, my body tremembled and I fell asleep. My body in a deep sleep. I never understood why I had these holy powers.

At the townhouse in London

"Sebastian. Who was that peasant?" Ciel asked. "She is in a circus."

The butler took off the earls shoes. "We are long... Acquaintances."

The butler dressed his master for bed. He smirked softly. He licked his lips. As his master was asleep, he tended to his duties.

He thought of that day he had met Cassiel. She was one of the highest archangels. He rembered the silver necklace she wore around her neck. Her black silk like wings that one could caress gently. Her brown locks of hair. Vibrant sky blue eyes. A smile that would make anyone fall for her. Her compassion, charity, integrity, devotion and optimism. She could manipulate things to her will. She could change her eye color, hair color well anything. Her compassion was what made her the best. She had cared for him when nobody else did. And freed him. But. That costed her wings. She was stripped of her title. And forced to live as a fallen angel.

He laughed at the thought.  But in all reality.  He had missed her.  She seemed to miss him too.  Quietly, the butler tended to his duties.  The butler would check on his master every few hours.  Making sure he was sleeping soundly. 

A smile crossed his lips.  He was awaiting what would come as of tomorrow.