Chapter 24

"You were Albert? In Newsies Live?"

He nodded. "Yeah. And you were an understudy in Hamilton?"

"I was ensemble, and understudy for Lafayette and Jefferson."

"A Miss Jefferson?"

I laughed. "That's what my friends call me."

"Oh, lucky guess, then." He smiled. "So, I'm supposed to go over choreo and lines with you up until we leave for Chicago."

I nodded. "Sounds good."

"So, do you want to meet up tomorrow?"

"Yeah," I pulled out my phone and opened up a new contact. "Do you wanna type your number in?"

He nodded, entering the digits.

"What do you want to meet for? Coffee, or lunch, or something like that?"

"Lunch sounds good. Do you know any places?"

"Yeah, I'll send you a list of some of them, and then you can pick whichever sounds good."

"Sure," he handed me his phone, with a contact window opened. I typed my number in and handed it back. "I'll see you tomorrow, then?"

I smiled, nodding. "Tomorrow."

He smiled back. "It was nice to meet you, Jada."

"Nice to meet you too!" I called as I walked out of the studio and into the parking lot.
I got into my car and turned the heater on immediately, with the music following shortly after.

•••••

"Romeo doesn't have too many lines, but ensemble choreography is a big issue."

"I'll just have to work really hard on it, then?"

He nodded. "You'll do fine. And when we get to Chicago, we'll be there in time for at least two rehearsals, so you'll get to do run-throughs with the whole cast."

"Okay, I think I'll be able to learn everything I need to learn in time."

"I'm sure you will."

"Thanks." My phone buzzed. I looked down, and opened up the notification.
It was from Jasmine.

She'd sent a picture of Anthony, but something was off. In complete shock, I realized that Anthony had cut his hair.
His hair was gone.

I quickly texted back.

Jasmine

«IM GOING TO KILL HIM»

«no don't hurt my baby»

«YOUR "BABY" JUST COMMITTED A HIGH CRIMINAL OFFENSE»

"You look like someone just slaughtered a man right in front of you." Sky bent his head to catch my eye.

I took a deep breath, putting my phone down. "Sorry, my best friend got a haircut, and," I shook my head.

He laughed. "Bad turnout?"

"No, it looks nice. But he said he wouldn't cut it like Lin did, and now it's all gone. It used to be down to his shoulders. And it was so long and curly."

"I'm getting the hint that you really liked his hair?"

"Yes, I loved his hair! We all did! It was gorgeous."

"I'm sorry for your loss." He sympathized, laughing.

"Don't make fun of me." I rolled my eyes.

He raised his hands in surrender. "Okay, okay".