Chapter 26

One Week Later

"One, two, three,"

I exhaled and redid the specific steps with him.

Every movement, every turn, it was all etched into my mind.

"How's that?" I asked, breathless.

"Perfect." He smiled. "You tired?"

"Yes," I laughed, sinking to the ground on my knees.

"Take a breath." He sat down next to me. "You've got everything memorized."

"Are you sure I've got everything?"

"I'm positive. You're 100% ready for the stage."

"We're leaving tomorrow, I'd better be ready."

"You are." He stood and offered me his hand. I took it and allowed him to help me to my feet.

"Do you have the sushi?" I asked.

He nodded. "All we have to do is pick it up."

"Okay," I slung my backpack over my shoulder. "Do you want me to get it?"

"No, I'll do it. Is Oak going to be able to make it?"

"I forgot to tell him."I winced. "I could ask, but he has a show tonight."

He shrugged. "Just ask if he can make it. I ordered enough sushi for three."

"Alright. I'll see you there." I pulled out my phone and walked towards the door.

Oak

«Are you free tonight?»

He didn't answer. I checked the time. He wouldn't be answering his phone for about another two hours.

«Sorry, I just realized that you're probably singing on-stage right now. And we just planned this an hour or so ago, so I didn't think to ask earlier. Break a leg!»

I bit my lip and texted Sky.

Sky

«He isn't answering. His show started ten minutes ago»

«Can you put the extra sushi in your fridge?»

«haha yes I'll save it for him»

«Okay. What's your address?»

I pressed send location as I pulled into the apartment garage.

I walked inside and changed clothes, pulling on my 'Miss Jefferson' sweatshirt from Daveed. It sent a small pang of sadness through me, but I shook it off and got out two plates, setting them on the counter.

A knock sounded at my door.

"Unlocked!" I called.

He opened the door and stepped inside, closing the door behind him.

He triumphantly held up a take-out bag. "I got it!"

I smiled. "Set it here. Do you use chopsticks or a fork?"

He set the bag next to the plates and pulled a box out of it. "I'll try chopsticks. Haven't used them in a while, so we'll see how this goes."

I placed two pairs of chopsticks next to the plates. "Something to drink?"

He shrugged. "After dancing all day, it might be best for both of us to have water."

I nodded, retrieving two of them from the refrigerator.