Chapter sixteen

The girls excitedly entered the room along with there mothers."As you can see there is no pyramid.I feel as though, that brings you down.It doesn't motivate you.Before we continue, I have something you will need to wear"
I informed them.They looked at me suspiciously as I opened the closet door.I pulled out the team jackets and pants.They gasped as soon as they saw them.I handed all the girls theres.
"These are so pretty"Tori said smiling.
"The gold really does stand out"Her mom said.After a couple of minutes of them checking everything out, we went back to discussing everything."This week we are going to Sheer Talent Dance Competition, in Rhode Island.
Not only do we have to beat the Abby Lee Dance Company, but Candy Apples too.So this is like a big week for us"I explained to them.I knew Abby was going directly against us and Candy Apples.She was going to have a stellar routine.Candy Apples, who knows what they will have.

"Our group dance is about a girl who has cancer and all she wants to do is dance.But she can't because all the cells are fighting her.In the end she beats cancer and wins.The person playing that lead role is Karli"Karli smiled as everyone clapped for her."There will be two solo's and a trio.The solo's will be Tori and Jade.The trio is Sierra, Grace, and Madison.I would love for us to have a clean sweep, but when you go out on that stage.Don't dance because you want to win...dance because you love it.If show that to the judges, then you might just well win.Moms you may go, girls begin to stretch"

After the girls were finished stretching, I pulled out the hospital bed and put it in the middle."This is the prop we will be using"I explained to the girls."So Karli you will be hiding behind the bed. Sierra, Madison, and Grace you guy's will be in the right wing while Tori and Jade are in the left wing.The music starts out instrumental.As soon as it begins, Karli you pop your head out and then look around.You smile.

After that you run to the middle stage and begin doing six a la secondè turns. As your doing that you guys will come out.Your hands are in a fist, chest out and you guys come out walking angrily.
Karli when you finish you see Sierra's group coming and so you run the other way, only to see Tori's group running towards you.Before you guy's run, I want you guys to do glisè, walk, walk, then run.Karli you put your head in your hands.Now you guys come and grab her by her arms and are pulling her towards the bed.

Karli, your kicking your legs, and just trying to get out of there grip.The hard part about this is getting there before the lyrics start.You guys put her on the bed then run upstage.You guy's will be in lines across.Back left is Tori.Back left is Jade.The row in front of that, in the middle will be Sierra.In the front left will be Madison and front right will be Grace.You guy's must get to your spots quickly, because the lyrics will begin.
Now, you guys will do a fan kick, sliding into a hurtle.Then you bring your legs out in front of you.Your left hand will touch the ground, your head leaning that way, to the left.Your right hand will touch the ground, your head also leaning that way.Then I want you to look up, your head moving.

Then you bring your feet up to your knees, while sitting down.You wrap your arms around them, then you turn around while sitting in that position.
Okay let's go over that, Karli we already rehearsed that part so just do it.Now let's go over it!"I directed.I went to the radio and pressed play, and the song came on.Angels and Demons by Melissa Otereo.I remembered the girls did this song with this girl Ally as a group dance.

Karli's P.O.V.

I love working with Brooke.I think it's really cool, to have a teacher that is only a few years older then me.She has this amazing talent, especially with acro.She tells a story with her movements and I don't know what Abby says about Brooke's dancing, on how it went from bad to good, because it's amazing.I don't think she really gave Brooke the time of day, to realize that and get to know her.Not only is she a role model, but a great inspiration to me and I think other kids as well.And I'm ready to kick A.L.D.C. and Candy Apples butt this week!

I really love the dance this week and I'm glad that I got the lead role! I have to play a very sick girl with cancer, that just wants to dance, but her blood cells and everything else that is going bad in her body, just won't let her and she is trying to fight them off.I get behind the bed, because we are going over the dance.The music begins.It is first all instrumental.I pop my head out, from behind the hospital bed and look around and then smile.I get up and run all the way to the middle of the stage.
I begin doing six a la secondè turns.
"Point your feet!"Brooke shouts, over the music, I point them.

As soon as I finish the instrumental part get's louder.That's when I look at my left and see Sierra, Grace, and, Madison running towards me.I try to run the other way, but Tori, and Jade are running towards me.We soon finish practicing the first part."You guy's are great, but girls when you guy's are running towards Karli, you have to run at the same pace and try to get there at the same time.Same when you guys go down into the hurtle, you go straight down, not take your time and slowly.
Also, I want to see angry, mean, and scary demons.Karli I want to see a scared girl, and show a lot of pain.You guy's can do this, I believe in you! Now let's run this part again"Says Brooke.

"Face.More face"I mutter to myself, before going behind the bed again.