1

monday

My alarm blared in my ears. "Ughhhh." I rolled over and slammed my hand down onto my snooze button.

I grabbed my phone and I had 2 unread messages from Crissy. I unlocked my phone and read the messages.

Cris <3
7:05
Hey riahhhhhh :)
7:06
WAKE UP. YOU HAVE SCHOOL AND I NEED A RIDE!!!

I left her on read. I groaned and pulled my warm blankets off of me. As I trudged to my closet, my phone pinged. I walked over to it and saw her another text from Cris.

"Seriously." I said softly in my gross, raspy morning voice. I opened her text.

Cris <3
7:12
bitch ik u didn't just leave me on read.

me
7:13
im getting ready, my god.

Cris <3
7:13
ok ok, hurry up though,  I'm almost done with my bagel

me
7:14
fine gr8 now can I please get ready in peace

She left me on read and I continued getting ready. I had a pounding headache, I just remembered I was at Zachary Olsen's party last night.

Zachary Olsen's parties are legendary, and as a plus he's one of the hottest Seniors. It was wild.

I walked to my bathroom and grabbed some Tylenol, I took one and drank some water down with it.  I put my hair up into an acceptable looking bun. I grabbed my toothbrush, applied my toothpaste and began brushing my teeth. Since I'd gotten my shower last night I just put on some deodorant.

After I was done, I heard the front door open, it was my dad. He's just now getting home at 7:17 in the morning. Some dad.

I walked back into my closet and grabbed some Adidas sweats, and a light yellow hoodie and slipped on my Adidas slides. I grabbed my phone off of the charger and put on a few sprits of perfume and slipped my backpack over my shoulder.

I walked down to the kitchen and popped 2 Eggos into the toaster and grabbed the carton of orange juice and poured myself a glass. I glanced down at the time on my phone that read 7:23 A.M. "My timings' pretty good today." I chuckled lightly.

I grabbed my Eggos once they popped out of the toaster and and grabbed my orange juice. I was headed for the front door when suddenly, my dad grabbed my wrists.

"Where are you headed?" He asked laughing. I pulled my wrists away from him quickly. "School. Where else?" I said sternly. "Watch yourself young lady, you know what happens when you use that smart mouth of yours." He said in all seriousness, which scared me a bit. I glanced at the time.

"I gotta pick up Cris, cya dad." With that I grabbed my keys and left the house.

Once I reached my bright red Dodge Charger thoughts began swarming my mind of old memories. But they weren't good ones.

My phone abruptly started to ring. It was Cris. I picked up quickly and started my car. I stuffed an Eggo into my mouth and Cris began speaking loudly through the phone.

"GIRL WHERE ARE YOU?" Cris asked. "I'm on my way right now, gimme a few minutes." I said pulling up to a stop sign. "Alright, but hurry up, it's cold" Cris complained. "Yeah, I'm sure it's cold since it the middle of September." I chuckled, stuffing my last Eggo in my mouth and taking a sip of OJ. "Alright I'll see you in a few." I said. "Okay." Cris said blandly, with that she hung up.

Since me and Cris don't live that far away I was at her house within a few minutes.

Cris got into the car and let out a breath of relief feeling the warm air hit her face.

"So?" She said. "So what..?" I laughed "Any problems with your dad today?" She said cautiously knowing that it's a touchy subject I don't like speaking about often. "No, but almost" I replied quickly. Comfortable silence fell within the car.

Cris turned on the radio and my Bluetooth was already connected. Cranes In The Sky by Solange played quietly. Cris and I hummed the rhythm. We loved this song.

I pulled up into Bay Creek High school's parking lot in New Jersey. Parking in my usual spot near the front entrance of the school, not to close, nor too far.

Cris and I exited my car a few heads turned our way, though I could understand seeing as though I have a bright red car. "Man candy 2 o'clock." Cris said quietly. Benny Coleman approached us. "Hello ladies." He said plastering a smirk on his face.

Benny Coleman. Oh, he's hot, trust me. He's on the Varsity Basketball team and he looks great in those shorts, although I'd never admit that to him

"Benny Coleman." I said calmly.

"Riah Carson." He replied

"AHEM." Cris interrupted. Trying to be recognized also. "I'm here to." She said laughing lightly trying to lighten the mood.

"I see," Benny replied smirking at us both, "hopefully I'll see you two around more. Cya beautiful." He winked at us both.

"Classic fuckboy." Cris and I said in sync laughing as we entered the school.

-

That was chapter one, hope you all enjoyed! I'm really hoping this theme is interesting so far. Tell me what you guys think!

Ily my ugly rAts ;)