3

monday after school

I lounged around in my sweats awaiting Riah's call so she could drive over and get ready with me. I walked downstairs and saw my mom and dad at the table chatting about parent stuff.

I went to the fridge and grabbed a juice box and I made my way to the pantry and and grabbed a fruit snack. I munched on the fruit snack and headed back up to my room.

I sat on my bed and turned on Grey's Anatomy. I finished my fruit snack and just sipped on my juice box. After about 10 minutes my phone rang and Riah's face popped up on my screen. I clicked accept and put my ear up to my phone.

"Hey I'm on my way over now." Riah said with a hint of excitement in her voice. "What's got you so happy?" I asked smiling. "I'm gonna go get wasted as hell on a school night, that's what!" She said happily. "Well, you're gonna have a terrible headache and you know your dad isn't gonna be happy about you being drunk AND high. Plus you're an extreme lightweight." I confirmed. "Fuck my dad and oh well." She said blankly. "Woahhh girly, chill, I'm just saying. Maybe you can sleep over here."

Riah always had clothes at my house, since she stays over so frequently.

"Yes please. I don't feel like hearing my dad's voice right now. I'm just gonna let loose, but you can't drink cause' you have to drive me home. HA." Riah mocked. "Ughhh, whateverrr, but next time we're Ubering so I can drink to." I retorted. "Fine by me." I could tell she was smiling because she could have fun and I couldn't.

"I'll be there in a few, okay?" "Mkay." With that I hung up. I set my phone back down on my nightstand next to my bed and hopped off of my bed. I walked towards my closet and swung open the door.

I scanned my clothes and a grand idea popped into my head. "BLACK AND WHITE!" I thought aloud.

My doorbell rang and I raced down the stairs, "I GOT IT!" I yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I ran to the door and opened it being faced by a smiley Riah.

"Hola mija." She smiled widely. "Hola right baaack." We did our best friend handshake. "You gonna let me in orrrrr...?" Riah asked curiously. "Yeah yeah." I stepped aside to let her in.

"Hola Mrs. and Mr. McKennie." Riah said cheerfully. "Hi Riah. How are you?" My mom asked politely. "I'm amazing! How are you guys." She asked rubbing it in my face. "Couldn't be better." My mom replied with a friendly smile.

"Hey, Mrs and Mr. M, would you mind if I stayed the night? Me and Cris have a report to work on in chemistry." Riah waited patiently for an answer as my parents decided. "Sure hon, make yourself at home." "Thanks Mrs. and Mr. M!" Riah said. "Anytime," My parents said in unison, "Oh! And how's your father?" My father asked genuinely interested in what Riah was about to say. "He's..... he's fine, thanks for asking." She replied with a weak smile.

Riah and I headed upstairs and sat down on my bed.

"So," I said, "I had a great idea I feel like you'd love for our outfits." "What's that?" Riah asked. "Black and white, I've got a whole outfit planned, you're gonna love it." I said excitedly. "Well, let's see it." Riah said just as excitedly as I did.

After about 30 minutes I finished both our outfits. I wore a black tank top, a black pair of Adidas track pants, a Black Micheal Kors jacket, since it's a bit cold outside, and my black Jordan space 11's. Whilst Riah wore a white tube top, a white bomber jacket, a pair of ripped white skinny jeans that showed off her curves, and a pair of White Air Force 1's. My hair was out in its curly natural state, and Riah's was in a very fixated bun, neither of us wore makeup, since we didn't really need it, but we did wear lip gloss.