vegetables

lingqiao blinked a few times. the situation couldn't quite process in her mind properly. she thought she was the weird one of the two, now there's a doubt. there was a tiny bit of relief in her, though the confusion preoccupied her mind more.

"um, why?" she repeated. "i don't want any debts to you and your store, so please accept it, mister." she tried to push the money to him again, now with a small smile, hoping it would work more with it.

please do because i really want to eat now. a voice in her mind begs him too. the sound of miaomiao eating her food triggered lingqiao hunger more.

"it looks like you can't finish the pizza and nuggets all by yourself. mind if i join you?" he dodged the money and her question too.

"actually..." his hypnotizing smile and looks made her body moved involuntarily to the side and he took this as a sign to go into her apartment. some of the pizza will be my breakfast and lunch tomorrow...

the pessimist lingqiao whispered inside her head that the delivery guy might be a creep and do bad things at her, but he really gives off a positive and trustworthy vibe, says the optimistic lingqiao. this guy even obeyed her special deliveries.

guided by her instincts, she walked past the delivery guy to lead him to the living room after a battle with her own thoughts. he helped her place the food on the living room's table. she also sneakily closed the door of her messy bedroom before seating next to him.

as they sat together on the sofa, lingqiao kept overthinking. did i just let a complete stranger enter my house? please don't let this be another reason for the worst day of my life.

"i hope you're comfortable, mister." she started off, trying hard not to stare at his face.

"ah, i haven't introduced myself yet. i'm wang ziyi. i answered your call earlier and delivered your order." he stretched out his hand to shake hands with her.

"wu lingqiao." lingqiao acceped it and introduced herself too, stepping out of the 'stranger' zone between them."

"how are you?" he asked genuinely.

lingqiao was confused. is this gonna be a dry and awkward conversation followed by asking about the weather? but, she's not a boring person.

"i'm fine, i guess." she lied. "and i'm also hungry." lingqiao didn't lie on the second sentence though. she took a slice of pizza and offered him to take some too.

ziyi chuckled at her answer and did as what he's told. "i'm actually not hungry. i sensed that you need someone to listen to you, and i heard that it's great to vent your problems to strangers."