pizza box

rays of sun reflected at lingqiao's apartment. she blinked a few times, having the same dilemma every morning if she should continue to sleep or not. but there's something uncomfortable on her back, the feeling of not lying on her favorite comfortable bed.

her eyes, half lidded, stared at the ceiling, then traveled to the surroundings around her.

i slept on the sofa, it's morning, there's a cute guy in the kitchen, i should get to work- THERE'S A CUTE GUY IN MY HOUSE??? WHO IS THIS?

lingqiao closed her eyes again in disbelief and tried to sleep, fooling herself that she's still in dreamland. but to no avail, she can't make herself fall asleep again and slowly opened her eyes. the first thing she checked is her clothes. thank goodness i'm still wearing them.

"good morning." ziyi said and moved closer to her, settling to sit on the sofa too.

lingqiao took a deep breath, eyes closed, to compose herself before saying anything. chill, wu lingqiao. her upper body rose to sit and face him.

"MISTER. I'M SO SORRY. WHATEVER HAPPENED BETWEEN US LAST NIGHT IS A MISUNDERSTANDING." she closed her eyes tight and bowed, still shy to face the cute guy.

"don't worry. nothing happened." ziyi smiled reassuringly to her.

"nothing?" lingqiao, you hoe. why do you sound disappointed...

"i just hugged you because you were crying so much." ziyi continued to smile, thinking of her cuteness last night.

"i did?"

her eyes widened. frankly, her apology was said before even remembering what happened last night. she just assumed that they had a one night stand. lingqiao arranged her posture and coughed.

"i mean, i don't know why i can't remember anything from last night. i'm sorry i bothered you." she apologized once more, face looking much more shameful and humiliated.

"it's alright. i don't mind. if you don't remember me, i'm wang ziyi, the pizza delivery guy."

their first meeting — lingqiao opening the door, ziyi popping up with the pizza and happy meal, and him rejecting her money; they all flashed in her mind. but, ziyi wasn't wearing the jacket from last night, he's only wearing a tank top which allowed lingqiao's eyes to gaze at the tasty muscles for free.

"i can remember now! seriously, thank you! i think i should pay you more, now that you spent the night here accidentally."

"i already told you it's fine. by the way, i wanted to cook you breakfast, but there wasn't enough ingredients. i don't want to order without you, so i'll order now."

"are you ordering pizza? it's not that i don't like your pizzas but- i like eating fried rice with eggs for breakfast." she muttered a short 'thanks' right after he called.

lingqiao excused herself that she'll shower. since there's a guy inside her house, her insecurity rose and another reason is she's running away from the possible awkward silence while waiting for their breakfast. she cringed at herself when she stayed in the shower long and put extra lotion.

when she got out of her room, she transferred the cat food to her own container, so miao miao won't get fat eating 24/7 at the very open and visible cat food in the plastic. she thought of offering him to shower but she doesn't have any clothes to spare.

soon enough the food came and ziyi paid for it even before lingqiao could come to the door. they sat and ate at the table, facing each other. lingqiao initiated a conversation.

"um, ziyi? why did you bother comforting me last night? i mean, i probably looked crazy." a nervous laugh came after her joke.

"because you needed it. i don't want my customers sadly eating their pizzas. though you had a rough day yesterday, i hope you'll smile more, lingqiao."

ziyi kept smiling and it made her blush. luckily, he passed her the water before she completely choked.

"t-thanks, ziyi. i appreciate that a lot."

lingqiao doesn't have enough courage to directly look him in the eye. his biceps weren't an option too. she looked down on her food instead.

"not to sound creepy but, can i have your number? i hope we can be friends after this." he looked a bit shy asking that and it was the cutest for lingqiao.

"oh sure!" she nodded and grabbed his phone to type her number.

"if you need a date for your brother's wedding, you can call me."

he smirked, and lingqiao's having a mental breakdown again. she theorized that this guy might be hitting on her, not that she's against it, but what an awkward meeting after breaking up with her ex boyfriend yesterday.

after eating, lingqiao and miao miao escorted ziyi to the door who was about to leave.

"i'm looking forward in meeting you again, lingqiao!"

he stepped closer to hug her tight. lingqiao hesitated before hugging back. for sure she's as red as a tomato now. when the cat meowed, the two broke and ziyi was still smiling.

"if you need a date for your brother's wedding, call me. and if you want to order pizza again, it's free for you because i'm the owner." he winked before leaving.

i usually write 400 words per chapter here but for the finale i wrote twice the amount, 800 uwu. it's still short but yeah.

thank you for the effort of reading this. all of these are pre-written chapters and i wrote it while writing for rich kid so i may not be too meticulous in writing this im sorry ;;