cheese

"but do you know what made me sad the most? my boyfriend! we were together for a year and we even promised to get married! now my brother is doing that first!"

lingqiao cried out on ziyi's chest. it has been an hour since she started rambling on and on about what happened that day. it kept repeating and tears won't stop falling. he almost took off his jacket because it was so wet of her tears.

he had helped fed her the chicken nugget happy meal. one nugget for miao miao. [ the almost forgotten character ].

"are you okay, now? or do you want to talk more and have a drink?" ziyi wiped the tears on her face.

"no, thanks. i don't drink, but i get drunk on coffee." he chuckled at her cuteness.

the reason he stayed? lingqiao was amusing for him.

ziyi had talked to strangers before to listen to their stories too. but lingqiao was different, she cried out like a drunk person when she hasn't even drink at least one bit. her sadness was enough for her to pour out everything from her heart. her genuineness was cute and admirable.

soon enough, lingqiao was dozing off with her head resting on ziyi's shoulder, and still clinging from him. it was 1am. ziyi quietly removed his body away from her grasp. lingqiao felt that and was awoken.

"huh? you're leaving now?" before she can start crying again, he sat by her side again.

"i'll just clean these." he meant the empty happy meal and half eaten the pizza. she glanced at it then begged at ziyi again.

"don't go. please stay."

(fun fact. when lingqiao has reached the highest level of sadness, she badly needs someone to comfort her, be it a person or thing [miao miao says no] she won't let go of it)

ziyi smiled reassuringly. "i won't."

he caressed her head gently and let her doze off again before cleaning her place quickly. he needs to not forget that he's a visitor at her house.

after that, ziyi went inside her room. portraits and artworks with a same distinct style above the working table. it was a little messy, noticing the crumpled bed sheets, things and a bag scattered on the floor, and the table had some papers disheveled.

he found himself staring at the artworks too long and went to his original intention: getting a blanket for lingqiao. carrying her to her bed was an option that his mind considered, but lingqiao will cry again because he wasn't next to her.

actually, she's stuck at dreamland and won't come back in a few hours. he could take this chance to leave. but ziyi promised that he'll stay, and he's true to his words. he grabbed a blanket from the bed and walked back to the sleeping lingqiao in the couch.

the blanket covered lingqiao who was peacefully sleeping at the couch, her head resting at the top of the couch and her legs folded in front of her body like a fetus.

ziyi sighed and sat next to her. it may look creepy if he stared too long like in the dramas, so he rested his head at the couch and stared at the ceiling instead. i just took care of a stranger, huh?