Chapter 2: The Betrayal

I guess what people is say is true, you can find anything in the internet. I have spent almost an hour reading the the law suit that Roger Thunder presented against Vanessa. In which her lawyer presented evidence that when exposed to certain factor, Vanessa can be delusional to the point of becoming aggressive, Her file was exposed and it was proven she has been suffering from delusion since she was a little girl and suffered a traumatizing event. She has been in treatment since then, she seems to improve, but eventually she exposed to those factors, and she falls into the delusion state.

Which means that Alan was right, there is a huge possibility that Vanessa was the one who attacked me **SIGH** My head hurts, I need to lay down, and think less of this. 

"You are supposed to be in bed, resting" Alan says "Something caught my eye" I say "Like?" he asks "Vanessa has a mental illness" I answer and he sighs "I was hoping you wouldn't find out about that" he says "How can you say that? Alan, her illness is the reason why I almost lost my head last nigh" I say "True, but you will worry, I do not want you to worry, I have everything under control, all you have to do is go on with your life, and leave everything in my hands" Alan says "But..." "Do not say it" Alan says "You know you will" I say, Alan sighs "I am dealing with it" he says.

I grab his hand "Vanessa needs help, that's out of the question, but Alan, I am more worried for the fact that you might focus in helping her so much to the point you do not realize that you are not helping her at all, that you are doing more damage than good" I say "I have very clear Vanessa is not Denizen" Alan says "I was not talking about Denizen, Alan, because what is happening with Vanessa and what was happening with Denizen will never be the same" I say "Then what are you trying to get at?" Alan asks as he looks at me "I am trying to make you understand that you, her family have to do what's best for her and not what you believe is best for her, because what all of you are doing is pushing Vanessa to the edge, a very dangerous one, and what are you going to do once she falls in? How do you intend to pull her back?" I answer "What do you think we are doing, Robin? We are doing what's best for Vanessa, despite what you and the rest of the world think, a mental institution is not it" Alan says, I sigh "Says who? You? Her family? Alan, see the bigger picture, all you are doing is harming her by denying her the help she needs, maybe she doesn't need a mental institution, but she does need a professional, and that much you need to admit" I say as I release his hand.

"Alan, is okay to not be okay, it is also okay to admit you need help, please realize this, and get Vanessa to a professional" I say "Robin..." "Stop, Alan, Vanessa needs help, the help she needs you can not give it to her, not even her family can, Vanessa needs a professional, you need to understand that, her family needs to understand it as well, you need to stop pretending everything is fine, that you have everything under control, because you do not, and it doesn't matter how many security guards you hire, she will always get to me, I am the one who is going to get injured, and if you knowing this, still want to have relationship with..." I go silent a realization hits me.

"You used me" I say "Robin..." "You knew she would appear as soon as she heard that you were back in your hometown, you used me to get her out from wherever she was hiding" I say "Vanessa suffered an episode 3 days before the wedding, she took off, we found her a week later in the hotel we were supposed to stay, but by the time we got there, she had fled, there was blood, everywhere, we feared she had harmed herself, so we went on looking for her, no success, 6 months went by, she came back, I stood next to her, did my best to prove her how much I loved her, we were on our way to the altar, but she vanished again, I was tired of it, so I told her family that I couldn't deal with it anymore, that I was done" Alan says, tears pile up in my eyes "They told me that all would be done, but that they needed my help to find her, Monique came with this idea that if Vanessa heard that I was coming back home, she would appear, because you were here, so Monique opened her restaurant here, I fix everything to return, and here I am" he says "By any means, anything you said to me, was any of that true?" I ask, fearing the answer "I do love you, Robin, but..." he goes silent, I sigh as I stand.

"Robyn..." "YOU PLAYED WITH MY FEELINGS TO GET YOUR DAMN FIANCEE TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE?!" I snap at him "She..." "She needs help, her family needs help, and guess what? You need help as well, Alan, because what you did is messed up, what would have you done if Vanessa had killed me? Would you still cover for her? Because I know that if you went as far to fake to be in love with me, you are taking all the measures necessary to make sure she is not blamed for this" I say "I..." "You know what, do not answer that, I really do not want to hear it" I say as I start to gather my things "You need to rest, Robin" Alan says "I will, in my home, where I know nobody will try to split my head in two again" I say "Robin..." "Stop, please, stop, I am tired, I want to leave, and never see you again" I say as I close my bag.

Alan and Robin. It is something that's never going to happen.