Ch. 6 - Awakened

James felt as though he was floating in an endless void, drifting slowly, he could see nothing but blackness surrounding him.

???: "Human...can you hear me?"

He heard a voice call out his name.

The drifting was over as his eyes shot open, seeing a bright light in front of him.

A figure loomed over his vision, revealing to be an unknown gem.

???: "Thank the stars...I had assumed you were not going to survive. If not, my Diamond would have shattered me on the spot!"

James put a hand on his forehead, feeling different.

James: "What the heck happened?"

???: "As of what I have been told, the electricity from Yellow Diamond had caused...minor problems to your body."

James: "How is this possible!? I should be dead!"

???: "Calm yourself please..."

He felt a long sheet was layed on top of him.

James: "I don't have any clothes on...except for my shorts."

???: "Your strange detachable appearance modifiers have been thrown in the incinerator, they were quite filthy...just hope that what I had done to this human won't be reported to the high gem elites..."

He heard her mumble that last sentence as she turned, moving away from him as James's eyes stared to adjust to his surroundings, he looked at the gem who was taking out a screen hologram from her monocle eye piece, probably checking his health.

He noticed she was a little taller than him, she wore a blue lab coat, and her hair was short and was a white blueish color.

Her skin was also blue and he saw a gem on her chest that matches the placement of her Diamond.

James: "Who are you?"

She turned her head towards him, still looking over something on the blue screen.

Apatite: "I'm Apatite 3XG1 Cut-6HZ, an expert on gem creation and researching organic lifeforms..."

He stared awkwardly at her.

Apatite: "...which is a certain hobby of mine. You could even say that humans fascinate me more than any other species."

James felt something odd on his chest, just as he was about to touch whatever was on him, a hand immediately grabbed him.

Apatite: "I would highly advise you not to touch that, your DNA has to be at a full 100% for the gem to be a part of you."

James was speechless.

James: "Wait...I HAVE A GEM!?"

Apatite groaned, facepalming.

Apatite: "I wasn't supposed to break the news to you yet..."

She mumbled as she breathed a sigh.

Apatite: "Okay, look...this is going to get real complicated, but you seem intelligent enough to understand sentences...so listen very closely..."

James kept looking at her as she summoned another screen from her monocle, showing his body while the gem cleared her throat.

Apatite: "*Ahem!* You were sent to me by Blue Diamond's pearl, she gave me the whole story, and also a bubble containing gem minerals of some kind, which came from an old gem incubator, which was used possibly during the creation of the Diamond Authority..."