Ch. 30 - The Truth

Multiple loud knocks were heard at Vidalia's front door as poked her head from the kitchen.

Vidalia: "Alright already! I'm coming, just hold on a minute..."

She said as she dried her hands from washing the dishes and walked down the hall to the door.

Vidalia: "I swear, if it's another angry neighbor, coming to sass me about my son's mischief..."

She opened it only to see James standing in front of her with tears in his eyes, surprising her.

Vidalia: "James!? What happened...?"

He wiped his cheek, sniffing as he looked away, not making eye contact with her.

James: "I needed to be away from everyone for awhile and this was the only place I could think of..."

Vidalia frowned at him, seeing James this depressed made her understand as he rubbed his arm.

Vidalia: "Hey, it's alright, sweetie. If it's something personal, I won't get into it. Come on in, I was just making some tea..."

He nodded and she lets him in her house as Vidalia shuts the door behind him.

-Meanwhile-

Steven, Pearl, and Sapphire appeared from the warp pad.

Steven: "Guys, we're back!"

They looked around, only to see Amethyst and Jade Blue playing a game on Steven's TV.

Amethyst: "Hey..."

Sapphire: "Where's Ruby?"

The blue gem showed a worried face.

Jade Blue: "She kinda left, along with James..."

Her eye widened in shock.

Sapphire: "Ruby's...gone?"

Jade Blue: "Yeah, and she left a note for you guys."

She said, handing the gem the letter.

Pearl: "James was here!? Did he find out about..."

Amethyst: "Yeah P, he did...and he didn't take it really well..."

Steven: "What are you talking about?"

Amethyst rubbed the back of her head, looking at the three as she began to explain everything that happened.

-Flashback-

James: "Rose was...Pink...this whole time...?"

He said with a wide eyed expression as Ruby and Amethyst nodded in sadness.

Amethyst: "Yeah, it's crazy to find out that we're protecting Earth from the Diamonds with another Diamond..."

Jade Blue: "Wow, this is alot to take in for me...I think we should keep this a secret for everyone back home, am I right, Jae?"

Jade Blue crossed her arms as she looked to James, looking very upset, who was clenching his hands into fists.

Jade Blue: "I'mma...just gonna be out there for a while..."

She said as she slowly walked outside.

Ruby: "I shouldn't be mad at Rose- I mean, Pink Diamond, she still protected the Earth and she loved all life on this planet..."

James: "But what she did to them..."

Both gems looked at him confusingly.

Amethyst: "What?"