Ch. 10 - The Trial

It had been months since James decided to stay on Homeworld, most of the time he was trying to keep the planet safe with his friends, the Famethysts, the Jasper and Amethyst gems who were his guards and his friends Blue Bismuth, Skinny, Carnelian and the big quartz gem, Onyx, that protected him mostly.

During his stay, he learned lots of knowledge about Homeworld's culture and history from the spires that act as a library, about how gems are created, how the Dawn of Era 1 began, and the Shattering of Pink Diamond leading towards the Gem War and the Dawn of Era 2.

He also learned how to pilot a spaceship! Yellow Diamond was so fascinated by his skill, she wanted to make him commander and captain of his own fleet and had offered him a set of clothing!

Blue Diamond meanwhile, had spent most of her time teaching James how to use his powers, and found out they are tied to his emotions, he also remembers Steven once talking about all his gem powers work from his emotions which was odd

Blue Diamond meanwhile, had spent most of her time teaching James how to use his powers, and found out they are tied to his emotions, he also remembers Steven once talking about all his gem powers work from his emotions which was odd. He still wasn't able to summon his gem weapon yet, but at least for now, he has his Star Sword.

-As of now-

James was walking down a shiny street filled with gems walking around, and was wearing his gem outfit. Behind him was Blue Onyx, along with Blue Diamond's Pearl, keeping up with them.

Blue Pearl: "My Diamond, they're seems to be a argument of three gems in this sector."

She said taking out a holo screen from her gem, holding it up to him.

Blue Onyx: "What are your orders?"

James: "Send a troop of quartz gems to break them up, and inform them that we're on our way, and also tell them to use good behavior, not violence."

Blue Pearl: "An excellent decision my Diamond...I shall contact them right away."

Blue Onyx: "Really hope they choose to resort to violence."

She grumbled.

James: "Onyx..."

Blue Onyx: "Alright, alright..."

The crowd turned, seeing the Diamond hybrid approach as James grins at them all.

James: "Good day, citizens..."

They salute him as he walked past them all.

Gems: "Good day, my Diamond!"

The gems all had smiles on their faces as the Defender of Homeworld walked pass them. He didn't mind the respect he was getting from them, in fact, it surprised him at how polite everyone was to James after he won the tournament.

Blue Onyx: "I've never seen so many of them praising you just for winning a tournament."

James: "Feeling jealous Onyx?"

Blue Onyx: "Pfft! No...well, maybe just a little?"

James: "Well, at least they admire you too, after I showed you mercy and made you my bodyguard."