In The Rain

Light POV

"What are you doing out here alone?" I call to Ryuzaki, who stands on the roof in the rain of the Headquarters. He places his hand over his ear, telling me to speak louder. "What are you doing oit here alone?" I yell loudly this time. He does the same gesture again so I decide to just walk into the rain to see what he's doing up here.

"What are you doing here alone?" I ask him again.

"I'm listening to the bells," He asks. "They're quite loud today, wouldn't you think?"

"Hmm?" I ask In confusion.

He looks at me for a moment, "Well...I can hear them anyways. I wonder what they're for, a church... a wedding, perhaps..."

"What are you getting at, Ryuzaki?" I ask.

He pauses for a moment, "Don't listen to me," he says. "Everything I say is say is complete nonsense anyways."

I sigh, "Come inside, Ryuzaki, we're getting drenched. You'll get sick."

He simply nods in agreement as we both run inside. I take a seat on a staircase and use a towel to dry my hair, taking my wet shoes off.

Ryuzaki walks towards me, drying his hair too, but I don't pay much attention to him at the moment as I dry myself.

"That was an unfortunate turn of events," L states.

"It's your own fault," I say. "You had gone out in the first place."

"Yes, I am sorry about that."

"You don't need to be sorry," I say softly. "You didn't really do anything wrong."

I close my eyes and start my face off, along with the tips of my hair over my forehead. I feel pressure on my foot and open my eyes to see L wiping my feet with his towel.

"Ryuzaki?" I ask quickly. "What are you doing?"

"I thought I would help you out," he explains."I could give you a foot massage if you want. I'm quite good."

I sigh loudly, though secretly admire his touch, "Do whatever you want, Ryuzaki."

As he massages my feet, water droplets begin dropping from his hair onto my ankle. I use my towel and start drying it for him. "There you go," I say. "You're still drenched." He looks up at me with his bright, panda-like eyes.

We stare at each other for quite sometime and I start wondering what he's thinking. Is he staring at me like this to try to get me to trust so I'll admit to being Kira? Is he being manipulative? I can't figure him out. I am usually gokd at that, but somehow L has done something to me, draining my wits. How does he do it?

I get so deep into thought that I don't realize how close I am getting to him. He moves a bit closer as well. I break the small distance between us and crash my lips into his. But I quickly realize what I'm doing and pull away as fast as I can with wide eyes, barely getting a look at his shocked eyes before I begin running away in humiliation, forgetting my shoes on the steps next to him.

A/N: Thanks for reading my first chapter. Its a work in process so it'll get better and I am going back to this chapter and editing it a little every now and then. I'll update as often as possible. If you liked it then please vote and comment and let me know what you think of this so far.