Coming Out Part 2

"I think everyone on the task force is getting suspicious of why we're always together," L tells me the next day. He slept at my place last night since we were up late investigating.

"Why do you say that?" I ask him.

"Because they asked why we're always together." He smirks.

"Well, what'd you say?"

"I said we would talk about it another time," he says.

"We could tell them," I suggest. "I mean, I don't want them to think we're doing anything with the case that we shouldn't. They need to trust us."

"Yeah, it'd probably be best if we told them," L says. "But what if they react like your dad did?"

"Well none of them are my father so they couldn't really do anythingng about it, even if they wanted to, and they might even be too scared to share an opinion about it. I honestly think they'll be fine with it though."

"I hope so," L says. "When should we tell them though?"

"They're all in the investigating room right now so we could just do it now,"

"Okay, let's do it," he smiles sweetly at me. I give him a quick kiss but when I pull away it isn't enough for him so he pulls me back in for a longer kiss.

"I love you, Ryuzaki," I say through the kiss. "No matter what anyone thinks."

"I love you too," he said too. "I always will." I pull away because I think we're done but L again pulls me right back in.

"Ryuzaki," I laugh through the kiss. "We need to go."

"A little longer," he kisses me harder. It's funny, I'm usually the one begging.

I wrap my fingers into his raven hair as his hand lays on my back, pulling me as close to him as possible. His hand feels so soft yet firm against my skin. I love it.

A few minutes later he pulls away this time. "Okay, let's go now," he smiles goofily. I laugh at him and grab his hand as we walk out the door to the investigating room.

"You ready?" I ask him before entering.

"Yes," he nods and I release our hands and we go in.

"Hi, guys!" Matsuda smiles at us. We nod at him.

"You guys gonna be here the rest of the night 'cause I gotta be home to the wife soon," one of the task force members asks.

"Yes, we'll be here all night," L tells him. "But there's something we all need to talk about."

"What is it?" Matsuda asks.

"We don't want you guys not to trust us and we know you've had some suspicions about why we're always off together so we're just gonna tell you guys," I explain.

"What?" Matsuda asks.

"Light and I are dating," L says quickly. I'm surprised at how quick he was to tell them.

"Well, good for you guys," Matsuda congratulates us.

"Yeah, good job," everyone else says.

"What?" I ask.

"Huh?" Matsuda questions.

"Sorry... Just not the reactions we expected," L says for me. I smile. Can he read my mind?

"Well we all kinda expected you guys would end up together, I mean it's pretty obvious." Matsuda says.

"Wow, looks like we aren't as good at hiding stuff as we thought," I say.

"How long has it been?"

"About a week," L says.

"Really? We thought you were dating back when Ryuzaki handcuffed you two together... Well after you beat each other up..."

"We told my dad yesterday and he wasn't happy," I say. "He left the task force because of that."

"Well, I guess that sucks for him 'cause we're really starting to get onto something."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well, we found guy named Teru Mikami. The recent killings happen after 1 o'clock and that lines up with Mikami's work schedule. He also has been seen out in public writing in a notebook right before someone dies but we don't have enough solid evidence to convict him."

"I'll look more into it," L says and goes to his computer. I sit next to him and start checking Teru Mikami out. L looks at me and smiles for a second before going back to his work.

A/N: Warning, I edited half of this chapter and didn't feel like editing the other half. Most likely because it's midnight and I'd really like to spend the rest of the night watching same anime.

Okiieee dokiiiee!

If you like this book then please check out my other stories. I have a Attack on Titan Levi x reader and a BTS Jungkook x reader. I also have other books that I'm working on to publish like a high school Levi x reader, though I don't know if I'll publish that one or not.

Okay! Bye now!!!