Coming Out

Light's POV

With the help of L, I am better in a few days and am back on the Kira case. But before L and I go into the investigation room, L pulls me aside.

"I think you should tell your dad about us today," L says.

"Really?" I say. I've been dreading this moment because I know he won't be happy. "I... I don't know. I know he won't be happy."

"Yes, but it has to be done. We can tell him together. There's a private conference room down the hall, we can bring him there now."

"Well... Alright," I agree.

"Okay, I'll go get him, you can go wait in the conference room,"

"Okay," I say. I go to the conference room and stand at the other end waiting for L and my father. It doesn't take long for them to arrive. My dad spots me and stands at the edge of the table while L moves close to me.

"What is this about?" My dad asks.

"Ryuzaki and I have to talk to you," I say. "It's important."

"Did something come up in the case?" He asks.

"No," L says.

"This isn't about the case," I add. "It's about Ryuzaki and I."

"What about you?" He asks. "Just spit it out already, you're making me nervous."

"Ryuzaki and I... Are togther." I finally say.

"Together?" He asks. "What do you mean you're together?"

"We've been dating for about a week now," L says.

"What?" Dad yelps. "Light, you're.... With a man?! Have you lost your mind?! This is not how I raised you!"

"The way you raised me has nothing to do with who I am, dad. And this is who I am. Ryuzaki and I love each other."

"No, you don't! You can't possibly love each other! That is impossible!"

"It's not, dad, it's true." I speak as calmly as I can so I don't make him more mad than he needs to be. Though my anger is starting to build up, as my cheeks heat up.

"Is that why Light is no longer a suspect?" Dad yells. "You're putting pleasure before business?! Is that what this is?! You psychopath!"

"Dad, stop!" I finally scream at him.

"Sirchiro, that is completely incorrect," L adds. "You know I am very serious about this investigation and would never put pleasure before business. Light is not a suspect anymore because he has proven not to be Kira and that all there is to it."

"I don't believe a word you say, L!" Dad yells towards L. "I haven't trusted you since the moment I saw you! I always knew there was something off about you and now I know. You're all fucking faggots! Thats what you are and I hate you!"

"Then leave," I tell him calmly.

"What?" He asks.

"Leave the task force," I say. "If you hate us so much. We're not leaving. If you don't want to be around us then leave. Because anything you say won't change a thing."

He gives out an angry grunt, "I'm not leaving because you told me to, Light, I'm leaving because this investigation is going absolutely no where and I'm not wasting my time here anymore! I've been looking for a way out for weeks and I finally found one!" He yelled one final time before leaving the conference room... And the task force all together.

"Well... That went well," I sigh loudly. I notice L has a sad expression on his face so I quickly go over to him and hug him, kissing him on the forehead. "I'm sorry,"

"I shouldn't have suggested telling him," L says sadly. "He hates me."

"He doesn't hate You, he just... Has problems is all. He's not accepting is all."

"Yeah, not accepting is practically hating," L slouches.

"Well, then he can hate us together," I say. "We'll go through everything together, I promise."

"Yes," he says. "But I don't want to work in the office today with everyone else."

"We can get out laptops and work in my room if you'd like," I suggest.

"Yes, let's do that."

We spend the rest of the day in my room, snuggled up close together as we go over our leads. The start of the day was terrible, but in the end I got to spend the rest of the day alone with the man I love.

A/N: I might take this story down since no one is reading it. Thats all.