My Sick Love

L's POV

"Hello," I greet the task force. They nod towards me from their work stations.

"Ryuzaki, where have you been, you're late?" Watari asks me as I take a seat in front of my computer.

"I had something I had to take care of," I say and immediately get to work. Watari lets it go and brings me some breakfast.

A few hours later some of the task force starts to ask questions.

"Where is Light? Shouldn't he be here by now?" Soichiro asks.

"He has stayed home sick," Is all I say.

"I should go check on him," Soichiro suggests.

"No," I direct. "You all stay here and work. I'll go check on him."

"Well... Alright?" Soichiro says awkwardly. Why's everyone got to be so suspicious all the time?

I go into Light's room and call out his name. He is sound asleep. I smile at him and sit on the edge of his bed, giving him a peck on the forehead. He stirs for a second and then wakes up and smiles at me.

"Hi, Ryuzaki," he says with a weak smile. "Thank you for all the stuff, they've really helped."

I feel his forehead, "Yes, you're fever has gone down," I say with a smile and give him another kiss on his forehead.

He laughs, "Stop, I'll make you sick too,"

"I don't get sick," I smile at him and give him another kiss on his forehead.

"Everybody gets sick, Ryuzaki," he smirks. "Even geniuses like you."

I laugh, "Anyways, I better be getting back to work."

He grabs my arm, "Please don't leave. Just stay a little longer. Its lonely here."

"Well, I suppose I could stay a little longer." I agree. I lay down on the bed next to him and wrap my arms around him. I don't sleep much, but I am pretty tired right now. I see that Light has fallen asleep and soon I fall asleep as well in his arms.