Kira Case Continues

I sit in the investigation room with L, my dad, and the few other investigators on this case. I sit in front of a computer screen next to L looking at the recent killings, though I already know most of them, who I have written in my death note. The other ones I don't know about are the ones Misa had written in her notebook.

"It looks like there's not much change. Looks like the same as always," I state. "All taking place at the same time, the same amount of killings a day."

"No..." L states, staring at the screen with his thumb hanging out of his mouth. "There's something different."

"What is it?" I ask. I already know. He must somehow know that Kira and the Second Lira are working together. How can he figure things out so quickly? He is extraordinary.

"Hmmm..." He sighs.

"L, another killing," Matsuda stated. "Just a few minutes ago."

Misa is at work... It couldn't be her. She would never take the death note to work with her, she knows that it is too dangerous. I already talked to her about it. But if it isn't her, then who could it be?

"Another one!" Matsuda yells. "They just keep coming!"

"Ryuzaki, you don't still suspect Light, do you? He's clearly not doing this." My father asks.

"No, Soichiro," L states, secretly flashing me a small smile. "He's no longer a suspect." L looks at me with that sweet smile again, this time being a little bigger. I smile back.

"Good," My dad says.

These new killings are stuck in my mind though.

"Ryuzaki," Matsuda says. "These new killings... They're not criminals!"

What? Does someone new have a death note? Is there someone killing the innocent now?

"Hmmm..." L hums. "Kira doesn't kill the innocent, that much we know. It is way out of character for Kira to be killing innocent people. Could there... Possibly be another person with Kira's notebook?"

"Just what I was thinking," I state honestly. "Kira's killings help can indicate what type of person he is. This is a huge indication that there are more death notes out there."

"Yes..." L says. "I'll look more into it."

"Its getting late," Matsuda says. "I'd better start heading home. I'll see you all tomorrow." Soon the rest of the task force starts to leave as well and eventually it's only L and I left.

"Have you got anything new?" I ask him.

"No," he says without looking away from his screen. "But I'm on to something."

"It's almost one in the morning," I say. "Shouldn't we be heading out soon?"

"You can leave if you'd like, I'll stay and keep researching." L says.

"I'm not going anywhere without you," I say. L finally looks away from his screen and looks at me with a smile.

"I can't keep you here all night," L smiles. "But we could stay a little longer."

"Okay," I sit for a few minutes before my head falls on the desk and I start to fall asleep. I wake up what feels like seconds later to a soft poking on my head.

"Light?" L asks. I lift my head up. "You okay?"

"Yes," I say. "Just tired is all." L kisses my forehead and I smile.

"We can head out now," L says.

"A few more minutes," I say.

"I thought you wanted to leave?" L asks.

"No more investigating for tonight," I say. "But I don't mind being alone here with you." I kiss him, I feel his smile against my lips as we share a passionate moment.

"I really do love you," I say through the kiss.

"Me too," he says. "I love you so much." We continue kissing. I grab a hold of his beautiful black hair, taking a handful into my hand.

He pulls away for a second, "What will you tell Misa?" He asks.

"I don't know..." I admit. "But... I'll come around to it. She won't be too thrilled that I have a boyfriend now. I never even liked her all that much, but she's just so psychotic. I'm scared of what she'll do when I leave her."

"I wouldn't be too afraid," L confirms. "What could one tiny girl possibly do?"

"I don't know," she has a Death Note. She can do a hell of a lot...

A/N: Let me know what you think, I could use some feedback. :)