Will He Love Me?

As expected, L had come over to my place after Misa left in the morning. I was dreading it because I knew L would likely be angry for what I had done. And I'm absolutely mortified about it. It will be really hard to work with him after he confronts me about this.

I sit on my bed, biting my nails, hoping I won't hear a knock at the door. Unfortunately only minuted later, a soft knkw comes from the door. I get up and open it slowly.

"I didn't mean that yesterday," Is all I say when I open the door to L. I don't greet him. "The... Thing... I mean."

He nods, as if expecting this, "I hate to hear that," L says. I had been avoiding eye contact with him but look up in curiosity.

"W-Why?" I ask. Maybe he could... Possibly have the same feelings? No, impossible.

"Nothing," he says. "We need to get to work. Lots to do." He starts to walk away, I grab his arm to stop him. L looks down at my hand.

"Not so fast," I say. "At least... Talk to me."

"There's nothing to talk about anymore," L states. "Its all out in the open now. Yesterday meant nothing to you."

"Well... I didn't say that... I just... I don't know,"

He smirks, "I thought you were a genius."

"I am... I mean... I admit I'm not the best at figuring out other people's feelings... Or my own for that matter."

"I get it," he says. "I'm the same way."

"Well... Looks like there's another thing we have in common..."

"Yes," there is an awkward silence but I know where it's coming from. We don't know what the other is thinking and are too afraid to say what it is outloud.

"Um..." I say to break the silence. "I-if you hate me for what I did... You can just say... It won't hurt my feelings." Thats a lie.

"I... Of course I don't hate you... I mean... That's never happened to me before.." L admits.

"You... You've never been kissed?" I question with a raised eyebrow.

"Well... No... Not til yesterday..." He says, laughing nervously. "And... I liked it by the way."

"You... You what?"

"I thought it was nice. I didn't know what the big deal was with that kissing thing until now." I can't believe he is saying this to me. I never thought in a million years that he could like me. I mean... At first I hated him. He was a threat to me becoming the God of the new world... But over time I came to really like him and soon... Love him.

"Well... If we're being honest here, I..." I freeze. I can't tell him. He would hate me. But... It wouldn't be any different than when I kissed him, but... Would opening up to him make him hate me?

"What is it, Light?" L questions, looking me straight in the eye. How can he stare me down like that while we're talking about... This, is he really that confident?

"I like you a lot," I finally say. "I admit, I wasn't fond of you when we first met, but... I've really come to like you a lot."

L is silent. He must have seen this coming, he's a genius, he knows everything. So why does he look so surprised? Like he was never expecting this, even after I kissed him. But... Maybe he's just completely disgusted at me.

"Look I get it if you don't feel the same way, but I just had to-" I'm cut off by L's lips against mine. He kissed me. His hand goes in my brunette hair as I start to kiss back. I place both my hands on his soft neck. Our kiss deepens as time goes by slowly. We don't stop for a long time. We don't breathe. And then I pull away. I needed to breathe.

"I... I love you, Light Yagami," L says quietly.

"I love you too."

"But we need to get to work now, let's go," he smiles. I nod, disappointed that it had ended so soon and we walk off together holding hands. Only to let go when we get into the office. No one can find out.

A/N: Yeah, I know I'm cringey but whatever cause this is my first gay fan fiction. But just stick with me for a but and I'll get better. Well, please vote and comment if you're enjoying. :)