Chapter one

The pack alarms sounded and I jolted awake. I weakly sat up and looked around. I couldn't see much in the dark, but I could make out the figure of someone walking towards me. "Hey I found someone" they shouted. Another figure joined them. "She looks horrible. We should get her to the doctor" the second said. They opened my cell and I backed away. "Hey it's okay" they said. I began crying and they backed away. "Let's get alpha and see what he says to do" the first said. Soon I heard someone coming down the stairs and I backed into a corner. "Mate" they whispered when I saw them. I smelt something that smelt really sweet. "She's your mate?" The second asked. "Yes" the newcomer said. He walked towards me and I scurried away. "We're not going to hurt you" the guy said. I pushed my self as far against the wall as I could to get away. He knelt down in front of me and I closed my eyes shut tightly and hid inside my torn shirt.

He picked me up and I felt spark erupt in my skin. He carried me somewhere and I began shaking I was so scared. "Here wrap her in my jacket" one of them said, I felt something warm wrap around me and I didn't realize how cold I was until I thought about it. I leaned up against my werewolf mate and held the jacket tightly around me. I saw a familiar door that I wanted to go through and escape so badly. He walked through my pack house until we were outside. It was snowing as the prisoners told me. I was cold and could see my breath. "Layla!" My mate shouted. A doctor came running towards us and gasped when she saw me. "She looks horrible" she said. Many people looked at me and I cried. "We found her in the dungeons" mate said. "Bring her here and let me see if she's okay" Layla said. Mate carried me to a car and she began digging things out of a bag. I flinched away when she touched me. I jumped out of my mates arms and ran through the snow. It was so cold that my feet were turning blue. I pushed my body to run through the cold. I was shivering and my teeth were chattering. I heard people running behind me, but I collapsed in the snow unable to breathe. I curled up in the snow and closed my eyes. "Found her!" Someone shouted. I crawled away from them. "She's scared still" he said. I saw my mate running towards me, but I moved away.

"Hey it's okay we're not going to hurt you" mate said. I saw my hands turning blue I was so cold. He picked me up and I thrashed around with the little energy I had. I was soon to tired to move and breathing was hard. "Here put this on her so she can breathe" the doctor said. She put a mask on me and I pulled it off. "It's to help you breathe" she said. I shook my head and began coughing from lack of air. Black dots clouded my vision and I was soon enclosed my a welcoming darkness.