Chapter 3

Chapter 3

(Chase and Kristophe's adoptive mother, Jessica pictured above)

Chase's POV:

"What kind of answers are you looking for?" I asked in the same small voice as before. I felt bad being so scared and nervous around him, but he looked so severe and angry. His face when he realized how I was feeling hurt, but he decided better of himself and sat far away from me.

"What happened tonight?" The husky voice sending more tingles down my spine. Not a bad tingle, just a tingle that shouldn't be happening in my brother's presence.

"Nothing. Thank you for bringing me home though. I'm going back to sleep, goodnight Kris." Speaking, I tried to deflect the question and end the conversation quickly.

"Nothing!Nothing? You are beaten and bruised all over Chase, plus the room you were in reeked of sex." He speaks, first angrily, but then more shocked then anything.

"It's nothing for you to worry about. Go to bed and forget this ever happened." I say, laying back in bed and trying to ignore him. I thought it was working for a moment, until he whispered something else.

"Were you raped tonight Chase?" His whisper reaches me, and squeezes my heart making me remember all the times I was.

"No." I say, angrily. Not at him, but at the memories filling my head. The pleadings and begging's I screamed out when I was being taken against my will.

"Then tell me what happened?" His incessant questioning and accusing now only angers me more. So, in a split second decision that I regret soon after but have to follow through with, I speak.

"What do you want to hear Kris? That I had sex? That I let the whole football team gang bang me? Or would it be better if I was raped, so at least you could think of me still as your broken, abused little brother? What would make you feel better? Knowing that I asked for it? That I wanted to be tied down, hit and fucked as much as possible without any care as to who was doing it? Because I'm not going to validate anything to you, I'm also not going to feel bad or regret my decisions. And, I'm definitely not giving you the satisfaction of breaking in front of you! Now, thank you for bringing me home and getting me in bed, now drop it, and LEAVE!" I rant and rave, yelling, tears forming in my eyes as I point to the door. His face filled with horror, shock and most of all, pity.

"Chase..." He tries...Maybe, if I had not seen his face fill with pity, then maybe I would have let him make me feel better. Maybe I would have let him in, but not now, and not ever.

"Get. Out." I say, slowly and deeply looking him in the eyes. His posture and face changing severely, as he puts on his regular stoney-looking mask. He leaves quickly without another word, and as soon as the door closes, I erupt in tears.

I could handle him knowing about everything, knowing what I do and with who, but I never imagined he would pity me. I don't know what to feel, anger or sadness. The feeling that I'm back to being alone is consuming. So, gently, I pull myself out of my bed and into the hall of our apartment. Slipping down the dark hall, I head into the bathroom Kris and I share.

After I lock the door, I sit down in the bathtub with my trusty razor blade. Pressing it down into my thigh, I see the familiar sight of blood seep out of the slit. Making three more cuts, I feel the sting and rush of pain that makes me forget all about my feelings and focus solely on the pain.

Bandaging my thigh up, I walk out of the bathroom and back into my bedroom. Slipping under the covers, I'm shivering and I don't know why. Was it the lose of blood, the heartbreaking realization of my brother's feelings, or the consuming loneliness? I can't tell, so as more stray tears slip from my eyes, I drift off to sleep.

. . . . .

"Do you want to go out for breakfast?" Jessica, my Mom asks as I sit across from her in the kitchen while she pours a cup of coffee.

"We don't have to do that Mom, just eat, I think I'm going to go back to bed." I say blandly, looking down in my coffee cup.

"Technically, I am eating, but I want breakfast too...Lets go get something." She jokes at her own coffee cup, that I'm sure is pink with blood and cream. Waking up this morning, I still don't feel good, and I definitely don't have the energy to act like my normal self right now.

"No thanks, I'm not feeling up to it." I say, looking at her with a light smile, before I see her face morph into worry.

"Are you sure you're ok? Have you been taking your pills?" She asks intently as she comes close to me, pressing her lips to my forehead to check my temperature. Laughing inwardly at her, I smile back and respond.

"Yes I'm taking all my pills, and Mom I just feel tired." I reassure her, since she constantly worries about my health, considering my disease. HIV really is a bitch, and sometimes it does cause really bad sickness, but that's obviously not the reason today.

"Ok, if your sure." She speaks, before going into the living room and turning on some old television show, called 'Friends'.

"Don't do that again." Kris speaks to me, as he walks into the kitchen pouring a cup of coffee and like always, pours blood into it as well.

"This isn't up for discussion Kristophe. I said drop it." I say, before getting up to leave. But, before I can get out of the room, he grabs my wrist gently, but still it prevents me from moving forward.

"If your hurting, come to me. Don't do that again." He says, as I glare harshly at him and yank my arm from his grip.

"How about not speaking to you at all? You've been doing it to me the last few years, go back to it, it was working..." I say, using all the spite I can manage to throw, before I stomp out of the kitchen and into my bedroom.

Who is he to be so self-righteous? Who the hell does he think he is? He has ignored me since he turned 12, why stop now? The spite in my heart is heavy and to think I thought I was over the dreaded separation between us. It still stings and its worse then ever now, knowing how Kris thinks of me...how he must pity me...how he must dislike me to break our close friendship.

He used to be my best friend, and I used to be his...or so I thought. It has all stopped, and I can tell it hurts Mom, but she's even better at hiding her emotions than Kris, and he's gold level... so why couldn't he hide this?

Please Please Please Comment or Vote...without it, I don't know if people are enjoying the story or not...

I absolutely adore hearing from you guys and getting your feedback or theories on where you think the story will go...

Love you sista's!! :))