Prologue

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, a young Prince lived in a shining castle. He had everything his heart desired, and was forced to become spoiled, selfish, and unkind.

But then, one winter's night, the Prince realized his destiny was not what he once thought. For he was not meant to be the hero, he was to be the monster.

The Prince tried to change his fate, but it was set in stone. And when he turned eighteen he was transformed into a hideous beast.

A powerful spell was placed on his castle, making it almost impossible to find.

Ashamed of his monstrous form, the beast concealed himself inside his castle, with no access to the outside world.

If he could learn to love another, and earn her love in return, then the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast, for all time.

Months passed without anyone finding the castle. Even if someone found him, they would be repulsed by his monstrous appearance. The Prince fell into despair and lost all hope.

For who could ever learn to love... A Beast?

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I'm super excited about this new story! I just love writing about Darise lol. Just so you know, updating will be kinda slow from now on. This is my last year of school, so I'm super busy and won't have much time to write. In a few months I'll have some more time and will be able to update more. I do however, have plans to have chapter 1 of this book and chapter 3 of "Rose Red" up this month. And then a few one-shots between now and July. Annndddd that'll probably be it on updating for awhile. Thanks for understanding <3 

-Becca