𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO( rise up, part ii )

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
( rise up, part ii )

"This is insane. We have to put a stop to this," Isabelle said as the three of them stood in from of a monitor that would show them what was happening inside the interrogation room.

"Yeah, well, enjoy portalling back to Idris with mom and dad," Alec retorted.

"Meliorn is here because of me. And Jax is in there as well. You love him and yet you're just going to let this happen?" she asked incredulously.

"Oh please, Alec. Don't even bother denying it," she said upon seeing the look on her brother's face. " You love him and he loves you. You're just being a coward by not admitting it."

Alec looked away from her sister, knowing it was true. He had fallen in love with the snarky werewolf and it had ruined all his plans but he didn't regret it one bit. But feelings were something a Shadowhunter does not need. That was something he learned at a young age. The more he pushed his feelings asifex the easier it will be to marry Lydia and restore his family name. And then the job will be done.

Jace shushed them, "You two can continue your 'he loves me, he loves me not' banter later. The interrogation's starting."

The three looked at the monitor as Lydia stood in fromt of the two Downworlders and started the interrogation.

Jax was leaning back on the chouch, seemingly in a comfortable position with his legs propped up in the table. Meanwhile the Seelie was sitting down a fair distance away from him, crossing his legs.

"Forensics don't lie. Tell me what you know about the blood in the Forsaken," Lydia asked, getting right to the point.

"Have you considered that the blood in the Forsaken came from our dead scouts?" Meliorn asked back calmly. "Scouts sent to help you hunt for Valentine. Why do you think we would side with a murderer?"

"Seelies always play both sides," Lydia pointed out, not liking the way he was avoiding to give her a direct answer. She turned her attention to Jax, whom she was hoping to get more useful informations from. Her eyes glanced down towards his legs and she scowled.

"Would you please take down your leg from the table?"

Jax smiled, "Well since you asked nicely, no."

Lydia sighed in frustration but kept up her professional posture. "The Clave last caught sight of you when you were running away from the Silent Brothers four years ago. Manhattan and Brooklyn aren't exactly a short distance away so how did you end up residing with Jocelyn and Clary Clary Fairchild?"