Chapter 7

“ So what about you?” He asked me.

“ I am in college right now. I want to do PhD in mathematics. I still have five months to graduate after that I am planning for Masters degree.” I wanted him to know that I want to study further even if we get married.

“ That's a good thing. Interesting very interesting you love maths. I was not very good in maths when I was in school. So what do you say are you okay if we get married in this coming week? I am going back to US and I may not return for next six months. It's pretty hard you know to stay away from you for six months.” He gave me a wink causing me to develop those butterflies again in my stomach.

How can I make him happy with so much negativity inside me. I tried to smile but shocked expression just surpassed the smile. And he noticed it.

“ So I am asking you again. Do you like me? Well don't think about me as a psycho or something but I cannot lose you yet. I want to know you better. And I am really looking forward to getting married to you. I will of course reconsider your opinions as well. So what do you want one week or six months.” He asked me again.

Well I was out words. I don't know what happened to me but I was just looking at him.

“ Hmm seems like this was too much to ask well so I think I should give you six months to graduate and we can get married after your graduation. I can file for fiancee visa and if you don't mind we can get married in US.” He asked me.

I really appreciate his efforts towards me. But still this devil in me has his own negative thoughts but I cannot ruin the moment.

“ Hmm I am sure it's a good idea but I feel it's going too fast. And I would want you to know me better before any conclusions.” I told him with much hesitation but I had to voice my opinions.

“ I don't want to be a decision maker alone but I do mean what I say. When I have decided something I don't give up. Marrying you is my decision. My mom's decision on this matter is secondary. I have whole life to get to know you. But if you want to ask anything about me then let me tell you I am a very straightforward person. Go ahead and ask anything.” He told me with the seriousness in his voice.

“ Will I get to study after marriage?” I asked him. I know it was a silly question but to understand him I can only ask him indirectly.

He started laughing like literally. I am hell confused now. It's a normal thing to ask. In our country not everyone but majority of in laws decide the future of the bride.

“ Of course you will study. Who am I to stop you from achieving your dreams. I am not a typical person. You are in for great surprises ahead…” he chuckled making the environment a little light which I haven't realised was turned very stressed of course because of me.

“ Ok, I will just go downstairs” it was all I could tell.