Chapter 15

Arjun's POV

I wanted to settle down as soon as I received a good paying job. I was earning pretty good and had a good position in a good company but Mom was not ready saying that I have to settle down first. Save some money and buy a house. I realized that she was right. But even with the good job I was not able to save very quickly. So I decided to do something more beside the job. So the money I saved for the house I used it to invest in the business. My friend was in the hotel business so I invested my savings in his business and slowly I became forty percent partner.

Then I became so busy that I was not thinking about marriage. With the right investment and dedication I was able to open my own hotel in the main city of Chicago.

Whatever decisions I wanted to make were filtered by my mom. I love my mom but she was more inclined towards my sister. It's not like she was ignoring me but she was more careful towards Samaira. She was always afraid of Samaira's in laws. Were they treating her well or no. For me she always wanted me to earn and never expected not asked anything else.

But apart from money I need a companion a partner. A person who will scare away my loneliness and darkness.

My mom became a widow when I was forteen and Samaira was seventeen. I started doing part time jobs for my University tuition. I became independent as soon as I completed my high school.

I bought an apartment in Chicago. And it's been almost five years now that I am living alone.

My mom has her own job and a house. She lives in suburbs. Samaira lives in a different state. She moved after getting married to Neil.

And when my mom said that she liked a girl for me. I was very happy. I have been alone since my dad's death. My mom had Samaira and she had mom. And I was left alone. The support I had with my dad was lost as soon as he died. I miss him. He was always there for me.

When I saw Radhika's photo, I knew she was the girl for me. The innocent and sincere eyes were the most captivating thing in her. I right away agreed for the marriage.

I was disappointed when I had to wait for six months for her to graduate and for the Visa processing. I thought I waited so much for her so I can wait for six months more. But my mom decided without informing me that the marriage will take place after a month. I lost my mind at that.

She made the plan because Samaira had some plans. And she did not wanted to change.

I was so frustrated. I thought my life partner will stand by me if everyone's against me. But I guess I was wrong. Even Radhika was against me.

I just want to end my loneliness as soon as possible but I guess these hurdles will not end very soon.

I calmed myself. Then I left the room to see Radhika and her mother sitting in the living area. I could see the fear in Radhika's eyes and I hate it because it was because of me.

" Aunty where's everyone?" I asked politely.

" Your mom went home. Radhika's dad went to the hotel."

Basically this was my apartment and I let Radhika and her mom stay here comfortably. I will be staying in the hotel until the wedding. Then after marriage I decided to let Radhika's mom and dad to stay here till they decide to go back to India.

" If you don't mind can I speak with Radhika for a while." Her mother smiled with assurance and left for her room.

As soon as she left I realized Radhika stood up abruptly as if I was going to hurt her. But I asked her to sit down and I too sat down.