Chapter 17

It was almost a week since me and Arjun had a talk. I was not able to meet him after that. Nandini Aunty said that he is being busy with work and marriage preparations.

My marriage dress was here. Arjun had readied everything before hand but the dress was to be refitted. And he was arranging a banquet hall because of the change in dates.

He wanted to finish his work before marriage so that he can take a week's leave. But it was next to impossible as his business is still blooming and not flourished completely.

But honestly I don't mind. I don't want him to be behind in his work because of me.

One week went in blur. With the tiredness and jetlag. Other time I was busy arranging my things. My mom and dad were also busy with arranging the things. Nandini Aunty came few times to see me.

I did not went out to take a tour outside as Arjun wanted to give me the tour. But as he wanted to finish majority of his work he did not get time to give me a tour.

As everyone were busy with the preparations, I felt I was the only one with no work. So I rearranged the kitchen according to preference. I made the list as well what I felt were needed at home.

At last I could leave the house to go to a salon. Arjun wanted me to do anything I like but Nandini Aunty decided for me. She wanted me to have manicure, pedicure, facial and the list goes on. It took me almost six hours for all the treatment.

Riddhima also came. Samaira is yet to come. She will be here a day before the wedding.

Day before the wedding

I met Samaira. I think I like her. She was very friendly. Her two boys were very adorable. I felt happy meeting them.

My mehendi was done at home. My female relatives were all here. We did not had the haldi ceremony* because of Arjun being sensitive to it. And I was also not comfortable so we just skipped that.

I was wearing beautiful dress which was really suiting the ceremony

I wanted my bridal mehendi design to be simple but Nandini Aunty said said Arjun likes the heavy designs

After the guests left. Nandini Aunty stayed back. My mom and I were sitting on the bed. Tomorrow is my wedding day. I am happy as well as nervous.

" Radhika there are few things I want to share with you. I don't want you to be scared or disheartened but I know my daughter is as strong as her mother. I know you will face all the problems." My mom said with a concerned face.

" It's ok mom. Tell me what do you want to say. I promise you that I will be strong." I said trying to be strong but inside I started to get scared.

" For the past two weeks I realized that Arjun is a stubborn person. Not in a bad way but I just want you to be prepared before your wedding. He has his ways to get things his way. So you may not get to say Everytime but I know he will ask you though. So be patient and talk with him with love. And the most important thing is he craves for love and affection. I know you don't love him now but eventually you will fall in love with him. I know one day you will tell me how happy you are and how much you have fallen in love him. As I said earlier he is stubborn, he will make you fall in love with him." She said with a smile. It was assuring as well as a content smile.

" I know I don't love him but I do like him for what he has done. Do you think he likes me mom?" I asked my mom. I know I was blushing but I can't help it. Even after Arjun has declared before I am still not very sure.

" He does not like you Radhika but he loves you." My mom said and gave me a hug with a bright smile.

~~~~~~~~

Haldi ceremony: A couple days before a Hindu wedding, the bride and groom each organize a haldi ceremony (sometimes called pithi ceremony) at their respected homes. ... The haldi paste is made from turmeric, rose water (or water), and sandalwood powder.

Mehendi: Mehndi or mehendi is a form of body art from Ancient India, in which decorative designs are created on a person's body, using a paste, created from the powdered dry leaves of the henna plant (Lawsonia inermis).