10

Nicole sighed as she walked out of her Fathers office.

They've been arguing for the past hour about whether or not they have to go to the Whites Gala.

Nicole didn't want to go. Like, at all.

Her Fathers keeps telling her that, because, she said they would be there they're were obligated to attend and that they have been going for years even after she stopped going to them.

He said no, even when she pulled out all the stops. Well she still had one resort she could turn to but that'll have to wait until later.

She would have argued some more but her sons school called. He got in a fight with a kid. Again. For the fifth time since school started this year. And that was three months ago.

Her mother just says it's because he has his Mothers determination. Pfft. Yeah right. That 'determination' is all Xavier.

And it's not 'determination', it's 'I have an attitude, temper, and I get what I want.'

I parked my car and got out. I walked towards the office doors and when I opened them I was hit with a cool wave of air.

In L.A, November weather is cooler than summer but hotter than winter while summer is just so hot you feel the need to wear your birthday suit at every moment of every day. Needless to say, summer was Xavier's favorite season in L.A.

I saw the secretary and walked towards her. She looked up and smiled at me. "Hi, you can just go straight on back to see the principal and your monster." She chuckles.

Mrs. Andrews was a 70-80 year old woman who was very polite, loved kids, and enjoyed having me come in to deal with my monster child that is always in trouble. When I asked why she liked watching me deal with him, her only reply was, 'You are both so witty, it's hard to tell what's gonna happen next!' And she just cackled in glee.

I thanked her and walked to the seating outside the principals office to Ashton glaring at a kid who is glaring back while an older man sat next to the kid, in a suit with scowl on his face.

Ashton spotted me and jumped up from his seat and threw a scowl the other boys way. "He started it!"

The other boy stood up too. "Did not!" They boys started walking towards each other with scowls on their faces but me and the boys father pulled them away from each other.

Ashton looked up at me, with eyes so much like my own but with the same hardness that is his fathers.

"He said that I only grew up with one parent because Daddy didn't want me," Ashton turned to face the boy. "Well guess what dick. My father is a better father than that so called piece of shit next to you!" Ashton yelled at him as I gasped and glared at Ashton.

"Ashton Alexander Anderson-White, sit your butt down right now and don't say another word." Ashton sat down in the seat behind him without removing his eyes from the kid.

I moved my eyes from my mouthy child to look at the kids parent. "I am so sorry, about what has happened between our sons today. He has a temper like no other." Except Xavier. "I can assure you, he will be grounded." Ashton quickly looked at me with wide eyes. "What?! But Mommy-" I turned around to face him with a sharp glare.

"Zip it, short stack." He sat back down with a scowl my way. I turned back to face the man.

He was looking at me with a hand clasped on his sons shoulder. "It's alright. Jayden here tends to let his words carry further than they're meant to go. I swear he's trying." He glared down at 'Jayden'. "Clearly not very hard." Jayden looked down grumbling about nothing important.