12

I knew that as soon as those letters forming that one name came out of my mouth it would set him off.

But I didn't expect this.

His whole body went tense and the veins that only shows when he's really mad we're popping out and looked as if they were about to burst.

His jacket was off and his shirt was suddenly very tight on him and I'm pretty sure it's about to rip down the back.

I'm getting werewolf transformation vibes.

Not the time Nicole. Not the time.

He was staring so hard in my eyes, my own glare faltered.

Christopher Matthews was one of Xavier's best friends. Their fathers were best friends and it was kind of destined for them to be best friends too.

When we started dating, he always flirted with me when Xavier wasn't around. It always made me uncomfortable because he was Xavier's best friend through thick and thin.

Xavier was newly appointed head of White Industries after his father had stepped down. Chris was also appointed head of Matthews and Co.

Their was some strange activity happening in the bank accounts and Xavier monitored it. They had their suspicions and when they finally busted it, Bryant Matthews was sent to jail for fraud, theft, and forgery. Was sent to jail for 15 years. Xavier believed that Chris has something to do with it all. There is still 2.5 million dollars missing from the Whites financial bank account. Xavier still can't unlock the account that housed the money and he says Chris knows it and is faking, trying to help his father out.

Their relationship fell apart based on dishonesty, and trust.

Xavier made me promise to never be near him or even talk to him again. I agreed but then again that was when we were engaged. All promises went out the window when he broke his.

I ran into him at a yacht party in Turks and Caicos. Ashton was had just turned two. We got to talking, we got drunk, we spilled some things, one thing led to another, next thing I know I'm alone and naked in a spare room.

"Why? What the fuck were you thinking?!" He roared at me. "You made a promise! You said you wouldn't ever talk to him again!"

"You know what?! You made promises too! But guess fucking what? Some promises are meant to be broken and all of ours were broken the moment you decided to fuck your secretary!" I yelled back.

My temper was lost and their was nothing I could do to stop it.

"You wanna know why I talked to Chris when I ran into him?! Because I knew that when it would get back to you you would be pissed! And after what I went through I deserved to do shit that would infuriate you! You have no idea what I went through. I had to deal with a pregnancy! By myself! I didn't have the father who cheated on his wife from false accusations! I didn't have you to rub my feet or get me weird ass cravings in the middle of they night! I had none of that! And that wasn't even the worst part! When I had to give birth, I had to go through that alone! Alone! You weren't there when I had to grieve over-" Nicole cut herself off, realizing she just about broke.

Xavier's hard exterior started to crack and crumble as he watched the love of his life break in front of him. Because of him.

"Who?" He asked, his voice cracking slightly.

She said nothing and just stared at him. He approached her and set a hand on her arm. "Nicole. You have to tell me."

She shook her head. "I can't. Your better off not knowing. I wish I didn't."