(12) Madara POV

Mitsuko POV

"I'm happy you're here," I said.

He scoffed,"Of course you are,"
he said.

I smiled but it quickly faded into an emotionless expression.

"I...I haven't been here for a reason."

He continued looking forward at the lake in silence.

"It seems my little sister followed me here and saw you. She then proceeded to tell my father all about it. I haven't been allowed to go outside at all."

He finally looked at me,"So why are you here?"

I stiffened,"Hm?"

"If you aren't allowed to go outside why are you here?"

I looked at him,"I escaped."

He looked back forward.

"I escaped to see you."

"Why?"

I smiled,"Because I..."

"You what?" he said as he stared at me.

"I think I like you."

There was a silence and he sighed,"You've cursed yourself by saying that."

I looked up at the sky," I know."

His black eyes looked at me up and down,"You do know who I am, right?"

I looked at him.

"I'm really not who you think I am."

...

"That's not a problem. I can handle that."

He looked at me for sometime before looking back forward,"Alright then," he said.

Madara POV

I didn't understand her mindset. She knew who I was and yet she still decided that she liked me.

This was whole new level of interest she was making me feel in the matter.

I stayed quiet as I looked at the river. She had escaped to see me.

She was quite brave it seemed. Either that or she wasn't thinking straight.

Though I had been more focused on Hashirama these days it seemed she would give me more to think about.

I looked straight at her as I felt dark thoughts come into my mind.

Would I kill her if I had to?

The answer was immediate. It didn't hesitate to pop into my mind and gave me a bit of reassurance.

Of course I would.

I looked back at the lake. No matter how I thought of it if I wanted to dispose of her there would be no problem.

She continued to look down at the lake and I continued to stare at her.

Who would've known she would fall into such a bad position.

"Mitsuko."

"Madara-sama?"

"You should be careful...the world you know now could change any second," I stared at her.

"Thank you for being concerned about me but...If it did change I could just adjust to it."

I sighed. Adjust to it? She thought she could simply adjust to it?

I closed my eyes before looking at the lake with narrowed eyes as silence filled the air. The silence that was somewhat comforting.

Her hand reached out to touch the blue water and she smiled as she giggled at the contact.

She was like a little child looking at the water with wonder-filled eyes. Her plastered smile and her hope-filled eyes were entertaining and yet somehow calming at the same time.

The fact she found such things enjoyable showed how childish she was after all it was just water at the end of the day.

I continued to look at her before I looked forward at the lake.

I began thinking in great depth when suddenly I saw her reach out to touch a plant that happened to be in front of me.

The enjoyment in her eyes seemed to grow even more.

I wondered what she was thinking right at this moment. I couldn't tell.

I looked up at the sky. I had things I had to do. I couldn't stay here forever.

I had things I still had to do at the Uchiha compound. I looked at Mitsuko with a straight face.

"I'm leaving now," I said getting up.

I began taking steps away when Mitsuko came over to me and grabbed my arm with both of her hands.

I stopped walking.

"What?"

She looked at me with a blush,"I just want to let you know I like you."

"I know," I said.

"A-Alright, I'm just making sure."

She turned around and went back to sitting down.

Once I walked away and I was out of her sight. I found myself leaning against a tree biting my lip.

What an interesting woman I had found.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chapter 12| Madara POV

Vote

Comment

:)