(50) Epilogue

Mitsuko POV

"Come back here, Haruki."

Haruki paid absolutely no attention to me as he continued to run around aimlessly.

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair as I looked at the child's father.

"So you're not going to help me?" I asked staring at the raven-haired Uchiha.

Madara, who was reading a scroll looked up at me slowly with a smirk, "Our son's enjoying his life, why should I stop him?"

I looked back at the half-clothed Uchiha who was running around pointlessly. I hadn't finished dressing him yet. He was running around with no shirt on.

There was no way I was going to chase after him right now. I no longer had the strength, my huge belly was going to get in the way.

"Madara," I said pleading with him.

"Fine," his deep voice said giving in to me.

He put his scroll down for a second, "Haruki, stop running," his voice commanded a mixture of tender and stern.

The boy immediately stopped, debating for a second if he should keep running before deciding not to upon seeing his father's serious expression. He decided instead to run over in my direction and hug me around my waist. I put the shirt I was holding over his head as I nodded satisfied. He was finally clothed. I was thoroughly pleased.

Madara titled his head upon seeing me being hugged, a tint of jealousy showing in his eyes, "What? Don't I get a hug?" he asked Haruki.

Immediately, Haruki turned around and jumped on his father making the Uchiha smile profoundly. I looked at the two contently as my thoughts wandered.

It had been four years since Madara had won the war and now it was just me, Madara and our son Haruki living peacefully.

At first, I and Madara had lived alone in the huge wooden mansion he had made and life had been peaceful and quiet. Soon after I had gotten pregnant with our son Haruki and my life was turned upside down.

Pregnancy was so strange.

Never in my life had I been so shook and happy at the same time.

Thinking about it now, I didn't know why I had been so surprised when it had occurred. Me getting pregnant was going to happen sooner or later.

Now that we shared a son, I was happy that I had gotten pregnant.

Haruki is a bright boy who looks nothing like me. He has his quiet moments and he's much like his father, always reading and searching for knowledge. Other times, he runs around energetically and causes a ruckus. Madara claims that side comes from me but I have my doubts.

More than that, soon enough, he was going to have a younger sibling. I was pregnant again.

"Are you alright, Mitsuko?"

I was brought out of my thoughts upon hearing my name. I looked up to see Madara staring at me.

"Oh, I'm fine," I said.

"You zoned out there, didn't you?"

I nodded, "Just a bit."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Madara's head snapped to the left violently.

I stiffened, "I-Is something up?"

"No," he responded.

"You're lying."

"You can tell?" he said smirking at me.

He got up slowly lifting up Haruki who had been sitting on him.