(46) Alone Time

Mitsuko POV

We were here in a cave, but it was far from normal.

Gray walls, inside, no sunlight, but it seemed llike a hideout. It had six to seven different rooms and basic necessities like food.

"So how long will I be in this cave?"

I looked at the clone Madara who was just scanning me over silently.

"Well?"

"Sit down," he said his voice deep.

I stiffened at his tone of voice. Was he mad at me?

I slowly sat down and I watched as he approached me.

"Escaping from the original hideout was a very stupid thing to do. Do you have any idea how weak you are compared to the average shinobi?"

I looked down at my feet feeling embarrassed, "I missed you."

"I was barely gone for a month," he said his tone flat.

I covered my face realizing how naive I was.

I watched as he came nearer to me and sat down beside me.

"Although, I did like what you did to Tobirama."

I looked up at him to see he was smirking.

"Did it really make you that happy?" I said giggling a bit.

"I must admit it was satisfying to watch."

Suddenly his facial expression changed," What you did was wrong. Did you even imagine how I'd feel if  you'd gotten injured. "

I looked into his eyes and I could feel his sincerity. I felt bad.

"I'm sorry," I said avoiding eye contact.

"You're grounded."

I immediately stiffened,"Madara I might've been wrong but I'm a grown woman you can't do this to me."

He simply gave me a look that seemed to scold me and it was enough to shut me up.

"For the next week don't talk to me. I might be here with you as protection but since I can't properly make you atone for what you did this will be enough. If you do talk to me I'll add on a day. Starting now."

"But Madara you can't-"

"A week and a day now."

I frowned at him before heading to one of the rooms and closing the door.

Why was he being so stingy.

A week and a day later...

"Guess what today is?!"

I watched as Madara looked at me with annoyed eyes.

"I can talk to you now!"

His eyes went from emotionless to warm in a matter of seconds.

"So," I said taking out my backpack,"I need to make sure of something."

I pulled out a cloak that had an Uchiha symbol on it and looked at him," I wore it once before because I needed clothing but now that I'm not as desperate I want your permission."

I watched as a slight smile grew on his face, " I think you realize the significance of what your asking."

I nodded,"If you let me wear this..."

My voice trailed off and a blush made it's way on my face.

"First I need to cut your hair short."

My eyes widened but I sat down in front of him before waiting in silence.

*swish*

I turned back around seeing that much of my hair was on the ground and Madara immediately used his jutsu to burn it. I watched until the flames went out and Madara signaled me to give him the cloak.

He examined it slowly before looking at me.

"It's not bad but the Uchiha symbol on this one is much too small for the first cloak you wear."

He got up," Come," he said.

I followed him to one of the rooms and he opened a small box before pulling out a cloak with a bigger symbol on the back.

"Put it on."

I did as he said and once it was on Madara stared at me for a while.

"What? Does it look weird."

He shook his head,"No, it's just that..."

I watched as a full blown smile made it's way on his face.

I felt my face heat up. Not a smirk but a full smile. He looked so pure.

I immediately went to hug him,"You know you're smiling right?"

"I couldn't help myself," he said returning my hug.

We stayed in a hug like that and by the time we disconnected even though he wasn't smiling his eyes showed he was happy.

I grabbed his arm and led him back to the entrance where my backpack was.

"Will I have to explain to the original Madara what happened here?"

He shook his head," As soon as I undo the jutsu all the memories will go back to the original. I'm sure it will amuse me when I find out."

I nodded slowly before pulling out something from my backpack.

"There's a whole list of other stuff I want to do with you while we're here."

I handed him the scroll which actually had a list.

He opened the scroll and as he did a note fell out of it.

My eyes widened and I  immediately tried to grab it from him but he beat me to it.

"What's this?" he asked.

"Don't read it."

This seemed to peak his interest, because he raised the note way over his head and began to read what it said.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I watched his reaction carefully.

He looked down at me saying nothing and handing me the note before opening the scroll and reading it.

I felt nervousness wash over me. Why didn't he say anything when he read the note?

He finished reading the scroll and looked up to me.

"Most of these are quite childish but I wouldn't mind doing them with you. However what you wrote on the note... I thought I was the only one who was thinking of having children."

I gave a huge sigh of relief and he smirked.

"Not now though, after the war."

I nodded in agreement.

Suddenly he sat down and yanked me on top of him.

"M-Madara?"

"Let's just stay like this."

I smiled before lying my head on his chest.

Soon enough I fell asleep.

---