Chapter 1-Attack!

A/N:

I do not own Naruto manga, anime, or any of the characters...the characters Rayen and Halia are mine though.

Rayen's P.O.V.

I open my eyes to find my little sister, Halia, staring back at me. Halia's blond hair tickles my nose as she leans over me with wide blue eyes. I sigh, there goes my nice nap.

"What do you want?" I question.

"Nothing, it's just interesting watching you sleep, plus mom said supper's ready," she answers.

My stomach growls at the thought of food. I had been enjoying a nice nap on my off day, since tomorrow I would have to help my father with his work. He fixes houses for a living and doesn't have a son, or apprentice to help him, so I'm the one who ends up helping him.

"Fine I'm coming," I say as I haul myself up off the ground. Halia smiles and starts to skip in the direction of home while I slowly follow behind.

"Onee-chan, hurry up! A turtle moves faster than you," Halia teases.

"I know, but you have more energy than a two-year-old on a sugar high," I tease back.

"Whatever," she says sticking her tongue out at me.

I smile a close-eyed smile at her. We passed a few thatched huts with holes in the roof, it would be my job to fix those tomorrow. I groan at the thought. So much work and to small of a village. No one in our village had chakra, therefore none of us were ninja's, so we just had to get by on hard labor. Everyone did work of some kind. I thatched roofs with my father to make money, while my sister tended the garden with my mother to provide food for the village. I wonder what it would be like to be a ninja. It would probably be hard mentally and physically. Too bad I can't be one, it always looks like so much fun when Father and I go on trips to Konoha to buy and deliver supplies.

"Hey, Onee-chan! Onee-chan!" Halia says in a whiny voice trying to get my attention.

"What?" I ask.

"Stop daydreaming, we're almost home and I was trying to ask you a very important question!" She whines.

"Okay, okay, I'm done daydreaming," I say, "Now, What would you like?"

"I wanted to know, what do you think it's like being a ninja?"

I break out in laughter, I guess I wasn't the only one who had been wondering about that.

"It's not funny!" She cried. I laughed even harder, rolling around on the ground clutching my stomach.

"Why are you laughing?" she pouted.

"No reason," I say, pulling myself together. "And I'm not really sure what it's like being a ninja. Anyways we're home, so you better stop talking about ninja, or else mom's going to be mad." Our parents, hated it when we talked about ninja and banned all talk of it. Whenever my father and I went to the village of Konoha he always avoided the ninja there and would usually shoot glares at them if he saw any.

"Okay,"

We walk into the hut and are hit with a blast of spicy smelling food. mmmh! delicious.

"Well you two look hungry," a woman in a red apron exclaimed.

"We are mom," Halia moaned in fake pain clutching her stomach.

"Well then sit down and eat, your father will be home soon," As if on cue our father stormed in through the door.

"Miranda, get the kids out of the village! We're under attack!" My father says in urgency. Mother hesitates for a second.