Chapter 8

*A while later*

Sienna and Octavia were sitting with Jasper taking care of Jasper when Monty suddenly appeared and was attempting to close the hatch.
"Murphy's going to kill Jasper!" He warned. As Monty was attempting to close the hatch, Murphy was pushing against it, trying to get up. Sienna ran over to help and began kicking at Murphy in order for him to lose his grip. Murphy was finally forced back down, allowing Monty and Sienna to close the hatch. However, he continued to try and force his way up while Monty and Sienna held the hatch shut.
"The lock's on the other side." Monty said. Sienna cursed under her breath at this revelation.
"Don't let him in!" Octavia exclaimed. Octavia immediately began looking for something to lock the door while Monty and Sienna sat down on the hatch in an attempt to keep it closed. Murphy then began yelling threats at them.
"I'm gonna kill him, okay? Let me in! Let me in, Monty!" He yelled.
"You're not going to touch him Murphy." Sienna yelled back.
Monty and Sienna sat down on the hatch as Murphy continued trying to open it. Meanwhile, Octavia continued trying to pull a pipe from the Dropship loose to keep the hatch shut.
"No rush. I'm fine here." Monty said, a hint of sarcasm in his tone. Finally the pipe came loose and Octavia rushed over to the other two.
"I got it! Move it!" She said. Sienna and Monty moved at the same second as Octavia slipped the bar underneath the handle of the hatch.
"All of you better open up this hatch right now!" Murphy ordered, irritation clear in his voice.
"Or what? Are you going to kill us as well?" Sienna called back. She heard Murphy growl at her question, but decided not to reply. Instead, he climbed back down the ladder and exited the Dropship, not saying a word to anyone.

*Clarke, Finn, and Bellamy get back to Camp*

Clarke, Finn, and Bellamy walked back into camp, all heading for the Dropship. Octavia exited the Dropship looking highly irritated and headed for Clarke, Sienna following closely behind her.
"It's about time. They're gonna kill Jasper. Did you get the medicine?" Octavia asked.
"Yeah. I got it. Come on. Let's go talk." Clarke replied. Clarke tried to pull Octavia towards the Dropship, instead, Octavia ignored her and headed straight for her brother.
"Octavia, just stay there. Please, stay back." Bellamy warned. Bellamy tried to stop Octavia from coming any closer so that she wouldn't see Atom's body.
"Why?" Octavia said slowly, her eyes narrowing. There was a scuffle between the siblings as Octavia tried to get past Bellamy to see what he and the others were carrying. She could tell that it was a body, but she wanted to know whose. "Stop." Octavia ordered her brother before pushing his arm away and approaching the body. She lifted the jacket off the body, revealing Atom. Octavia's face paled. "Atom." She breathed.
"There's nothing I could do." Bellamy said, looking at her sadly.
"Don't." Octavia said, her tone a mix between serious and teary. She then covered Atom's face with the jacket once again before getting up to leave. Bellamy got up and followed her, trying desperately to explain what happened, but his sister was hearing none of it.
"O... O... please." Bellamy begged.
"Don't." Octavia snapped before whirling around and marched away. Bellamy sighed as he watched his sister leave. Murphy suddenly made his way over to Bellamy.
"Lose anyone here?" Bellamy asked Murphy.
"No." Murphy replied.
"Jasper?" Bellamy asked, clearly curious as to whether he was still actually alive or not.
"Still breathing. Barely. I tried to take him out, but your psycho little sister..." Murphy began, but Bellamy lunged at him and shoved him, clearly enraged by the "psycho little sister" comment.
"My what? My WHAT?" Bellamy effectively screamed.
"Your little sister." Murphy said, his tone slightly nervous as he shoved Bellamy off him.
"Yeah, that's right. My little sister. Got anything else you want to say about her?" He snarled. Murphy studied Bellamy's face impassively.
"Nothing. Sorry." Murphy said, his voice slightly.
"Get him out of here." Bellamy said to one of the others. His tone had quelled to one of annoyance rather than rage, but he still couldn't stand the sight of Murphy right now. With that, he threw Murphy one last glare before turning around and leaving.

*The Next Day*

"You shouldn't be out here alone. What if I was a Grounder?" Finn asked as he walked towards Clarke. She was outside the wall, kneeling next to the freshly dug grave that had been made for Wells. "They got Wells just outside the wall." He added.
"Says the guy who just spent another night exploring the woods all by himself." Clarke said, looking slyly at Finn. He smiled cheekily.
"But I'm reckless. You're responsible." He responded. "I got you something." He said, holding up his hands. He clicked his finders and a sky blue pencil appeared in his hands. Clarke's eyes widened and she grabbed the pencil. She examined it like it was the most valuable thing in the world.
"Where did you get this?" She said in disbelief, looking up a Finn.
"The art supply store." Finn replied, a smile on his face at her reaction. She looked slowly back down at the pencil.
"You know when we were kids... Wells was always giving me ink, charcoal, just anything I could draw with, really. I found out later that he was trading his own stuff to give it to me. He didn't want me to know that, either. He let me hate him so that I wouldn't hate my mother." Clarke recalled, her voice and face turning sad at that last sentence.
"I know." Finn replied, his tone soft yet understanding.
"My mother killed my father. I just wish there was something I could do. To tell her I know. Make her feel what I'm..." She trailed off, an idea popping into her head. Clarke's eyes and face morphed into one of determination and she marched past Finn back towards the camp.
"Where are you going?" Finn asked as he watched Clarke go.
"To make her feel it." She replied, not stopping. He decided to follow her to see what she was going to do. He didn't want her to do something she would regret, but knowing her, he knew that that wristband was coming off her wrist. He knew when that happened that her mother would assume her dead.