Chapter 24

*While the battle rages outside*

While Sienna was taking care of Raven, Clarke and Jasper were below deck fixing the wires and, per Raven's instructions, hotwiring the engines so that they could
"Hey, Raven, tell us again how this is gonna work." Clarke asked.
"Told you 5 times. Current flows to the electromagnet. That opens the poppet valve. Rockets fire." Raven asked, slightly annoyed and delirious.
"Ok. Got the good wire ready to graft on. What's next?" Jasper asked. No answer from Raven. "Raven? Raven!" Jasper called.
"Clarke! You might wanna get up here." Sienna called, not taking her eyes off Raven as she held Raven's unconscious form in her arms. Clarke appeared from below, Jasper following soon after.
"Is she..." Clarke asked.
"Not yet. But soon." Sienna replied.
"They've broken through! There's hundreds of them! They're heading for the gate! Game over, man!" Someone exclaimed through the radio. Both Clarke and Sienna turned to Jasper.
"Finish it." Clarke all but commanded Jasper.
"Current to magnet to valve to barbecue. Current to magnet to valve to barbecue." Jasper began chanting to himself as he darted back below the main dropship.

*Later*

"There are too many! Everybody to dropship now!" Someone called.
"No! We need more time. Gunners, stay at your posts. The rest of you, inside. Come on, quick." Clarke replied, ushering people inside. Suddenly, everyone saw a light falling from the sky. All eyes went to them.
"Is that from the Ark?" Fox asked.
"That isthe Ark." Clarke replied, her eyes never leaving the falling ship.

The battle cries around them drew Bellamy and Octavia's attention as they were making their way back to the dropship. They were moving slowly since Octavia had been injured but Bellamy was notgoing to leave her behind.
"What the hell is that?" Octavia asked, hearing the reapers.
"I don't know, but they're distracted. Let's move." Bellamy replied.
"We'll never make it. Leave me. I'll find another way." Octavia said in pain.
"I'm not going anywhere without you."
"Octavia." Lincoln said, gaining her attention.
"Lincoln?" Octavia asked.
"You did this?" Bellamy asked him.
"With Finn." Lincoln replied. He knelt down next to Octavia. "It's deep. I can help you, but you have to come with me now." Lincoln added. Bellamy then made one of the hardest decisions of his life.
"Go. Let him help." Bellamy said to Octavia.
"No way. I have to see this through." Octavia responded.
"You can't walk and I can't get you back to the dropship." Bellamy said.
"He's right. This fight is over for you." Lincoln said. Before Octavia could say anything else, Bellamy spoke up again.
"O, O, listen to me. I told you my life ended the day you were born. The truth is... it didn't start until then. Go with him. I need you to live. Sienna needs you to live. Besides... I got this." Bellamy said. Octavia pulled him into a tight hug.
"I love you, big brother." Octavia said.
"May we meet again." Bellamy said softly.
"May we meet again." Octavia replied, mimicking her brother's tone. Lincoln then picked Octavia up.
"Keep her safe." Bellamy all but ordered Lincoln. He nodded at this before they disappeared into the darkness.

As Finn, Clarke, and Sienna were taking care of an unconscious Raven with everyone apart from the gunners inside, one of them appeared through the door, his gun slung over his back.
"Clarke, they're taking down the gate." He told her. Before she had a chance to say anything, Jasper appeared.
"Good. Because I did it... I think." Jasper said.
"I'm closing that door." One of the boys said.
"Wait! We've still got people out there. Bellamy's not back yet." Clarke said, worried for her friend and fellow leader, rushing out the door with Finn hot on her heels. Sienna was silent. She felt like her world was ending. She may never get to see Bellamy or Octavia again and that thought tore her apart.
"He'll be here Sienna. I know he will." Jasper said calmly, rubbing her back gently, trying to reassure his friend.
A few moments later, Clarke entered the dropship, lifting the lever to close the door without a word. Her face when she did was one of absolute sorrow.
The second the door closed, Sienna dropped to her knees, tears pouring down her face. She'd lost him. Not caring about anything else around her as she cried. She felt a pair of arms around her as she cried her eyes out for her lost love. The voices of everyone had blended together around her, but she did somehow hear Jasper.
"Raven says current flows to the magnet. We just need a current." Sienna heard Jasper say.
"She deserves to die." Someone called.
"No! We are not grounders." Clarke said in the most authoritarian tone Sienna had ever heard from her. Everyone froze at her tone. The only sound that was heard was Sienna's sobbing. A second later, the entire dropship rocked and the distinct sound of rockets going off was all that Sienna could hear.

*A few minutes later*

Once everything was silent, Clarke opened the dropship door. The moment everyone exited the dropship, all that could be seen was ash, and burnt skeletons. Everyone looked around in shock. No one spoke.
"What the hell?" Jasper said. Red smoke then began to engulf the camp.
"Mountain men." Anya said, a sense of foreboding in her tone. With that, everyone began coughing, slowly but surely losing consciousness.