Chapter 5

I woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking and wandered out of my bedroom. I saw Danny making Frittatas again. "That must be your specialty." I said laughing.
     "Full disclosure - it's the only breakfast food I know how to make." He replied. "But dinner... that's my specialty. How'd you sleep?"
     I hopped up onto the counter and replied. "Wonderful, you?"
     Danny walked up to me and wrapped his hands around my waist before saying. "Amazing" and pecking my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and lost myself in his big green eyes. "So, I was thinking. There's a local football game this weekend and I was going to bring Grace to it. I am gonna introduce her to the rest of the team and ... umm I dunno... I wanted to know if I should introduce you to Grace as someone... umm... other than just a teammate?" He looked down and shifted his weight from foot to foot. I could tell he was super nervous. I ran my hand through his locks of golden hair and he looked back up at me.
     "Well, what would you introduce me as?" I asked innocently.
     "Well, um I was thinking-"
     "I mean, I wouldn't mind you introducing me to her as your...say... girlfriend?" I said, while playing with Danny's hair.
     "Oh? What happened to moving slowly?" He replied with a smirk.
     "Well, in fact, I was thinking about that last night while we were out with friends and... I think I want to be official - I mean as long as you do... we don't have to if you don't-" before I could finish that statement, Danny cut me off with a kiss. His hand moved from my waist to my cheek as he pulled away.
      "I would love that, Harp." Danny said. His smile made my heart glow. "You're amazing you know that?" I was about to respond when the phone rang. Danny rolled his eyes as he pulled out his phone. "Danny... yup... on my way." He hung up the phone. "Missing person. Gotta go. Hey." He pulled me closer. "Want to carpool?" I smiled and nodded. We both hopped in the shower - Danny went into Liam's, don't worry - and got to the crime scene in less than a half hour.
     "Anna Kolona, she was reported missing last night when she went to work and didn't come home. Wasn't the one to stay out all night, her roommate said. We just found the car her roommate described to us this morning. We ran the plates and it came up as stolen two weeks ago at a used car dealership." Steve said. "Harper, me and you are gonna go meet with the vics mom, Chin and Danny go search her dorm for reasons why she would steal a car." Steve and I hopped into the car after I said bye to Danny. Kono was on vacation with Adam so she had taken the week off.
     "So... are you two like, official?" Steve said with a smirk.
     "I don't know? Why? Is someone protective?" I leaned towards him.
     "Well, I mean you like my little sister... I just don't want to see you get hurt." Steve said.
      "Aw, well I appreciate that. You don't have to worry though."
      "I know I don't, but I'm still gonna have to have a man to man with Danno before you guys go on another date." Steve replied. I laughed as we pulled up to the vic's moms house.
     "I promise I don't know anything" the Vic's mom said.
      "We aren't suspecting you, we just need to know if you noticed anything off about your daughter," Steve asked.
      "Nobody knows a girl like her mother, anything you know can help" I smiled sympathetically.
     "Well, she left for work this morning and then didn't come back. She has seemed very stressed out lately but it's finals week so I assumed it was because of school."
     "Thank you, where is her room?" I asked.
     "Down the hall, second door on your right."
      Steve and I searched Anna's room and found some nothing suspicious. It was a normal college room. "Huh" I heard Steve say. "What lower middle class college student has a collection of Louis Vuitton handbags?"
     "First off, I didn't know you were savvy enough to tell a real from a fake, Steve." I chuckled. "Second, let's see what's inside." I opened the handbag and found rolls of cash. "Woah, definitely not normal for a broke college kid." I heard Steve's phone buzz in his pocket.
     "McGarrett. Lemme guess they found lots of cash. Yeah us too. More? Okay meet you at HQ." Steve hung up. "Chin found something about her employment. Let's go."
      At Headquarters
     "What do we got?" Steve said as we walked in.
     "So I checked in with the retail store that Anna supposedly worked for. Turns out she quit about a month back. Said she had a better offer." Chin said.
     "So, do we know what the offer was?" Steve asked.
     "Well, I think I can assume based on these -" Danny said pulling up a picture of letters al addressed to Anna. They were talking about dates that were being set up and who she was supposed to act like.
     "She was an escort." I said. "Someone approached her to go on dates for money, next thing she knows, she's a prostitute."
     I saw Danny frown. "If she was already in the loop, why kill her?