Chapter 8

Harpers POV
     I woke up and felt Danny's arm wrapped around my waist. I rolled over to face Danny and he peeked one eye open and smirked.
     "Morning, gorgeous" He said. His voice was husky due to the time of day.
     I smirked at him. "Morning, handsome". I brought my hand up to his cheek and brushed my thumb over his stubble. I quickly pecked him on the lips and tried to get out of bed.
     "No, no, no..." Danny said as he pulled me back into the covers. We rolled around and got tangled up in the covers until I was fully pressed up against Danny and our noses were almost touching. I could feel how excited he was under the covers. "Round two?" He whispered.
     "We are way past that" I replied as I leaned in.
~later that day~
     I finally got out of bed and took a shower. Danny hopped in after me and I began to cook breakfast.
     "Aren't I the one who usually cooks?" Danny said as he walked into the kitchen with nothing but a towel on. He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.
     "You were busy..." I said as a picked up two baby tomato and popped one in my mouth and the other in Danny's. "What are we going to do today?"
     "Well, until we get the inevitable call from super SEAL, we can just relax. The game is tomorrow and I'm very excited for you to meet Grace."
     I turned around and looked at Danny. "Danny, I'm nervous." He smiled and pulled me into a hug. His fingers trailed up and down my back.
     "There is no need to worry. She's going to love you... just like I do." I pulled away very quickly. My eyes were wide as I realized what he had just said.
     "Y- You ... lo-"
     "I love you? Yes. I, Daniel Williams, love you, Harper Jones." He smiled at me and then realized what he did. "Don't worry. You don't have to say it back. I just... needed to get it off of my chest. That's all." He brushed a strand of hair out of my face and kissed me. I smiled into his kiss. "I'm gonna go put on some real clothes now."
     "You don't have tooooo" I whined.
     "I feel like this is unfair. You're fully clothed." He chuckled.
     "Screw breakfast" I said as I turned off the stove. "Round three?" Danny picked me up and carried me to the bedroom, bridal style.