4 | bye!

4 | BYE!

'We're in New York, aren't we?'

Amelia kept on asking the same damn question over and over and over again. Catalina, being quite an impatient person, rolled her eyes to the back of her head and huffed. "Yes. Does it look like we're in Kansas?" Catalina sarcastically pointed to the skyscrapers encasing the street they were on.

Amelia gulped. "Why am I here? Why am I alive? I died— wait, I died!" Amelia desperately reached for the hem of her shirt and lifted it up as she recalled how she had died. A nasty incision ran along the bottom of her torso. Her skin was bloodied and dirty, leaving the semi-healed scar in a similar state. Flashes of her past flickered through her mind. The horrors. The screams. The anguish. The fear. The helplessness. It all came back to her. Last she knew, she was kidnapped and forced into labor. Greedy HYDRA scientists had plunged their dirty hands into her womb to steal her babies from her. Her two daughters. Her two powerful daughters. Once the scientists had snatched their treasure, the children, they left Amelia open on the table to bleed out and die. Steve, her husband, found her hours after her demise— leaving him heartbroken and traumatized for the rest of his life.

Catalina led quite the opposite life. Her life was filled with glamour and riches. She was married to a wealthy king. She had powers of her own, she could control water at its molecular form. Catalina planned to have children of her own. She studied alongside two of the world's most intelligent beings: Shuri Udaku and Tony Stark. She sailed the oceans and experienced the world constantly. She was feared in her environment: over the ocean. She was proclaimed to be the 'Serpent of the Sea.' No one dared to sail their ship near her, or else they'd risk feeling her wrath.

"A storm is coming. And it's going to be big. I can feel it." Catalina answered Amelia.

"How'dya know?" Amelia's thick New York accent took over her voice for a moment as she gulped in fear.

"My spidey senses are tingling," Catalina joked, nudging Amelia's arm with her elbow. However, to no avail, Amelia didn't laugh— she simply stared up at the sky with a frightened look. Amelia wasn't one to fear anything. She was known as the courageous, kick-ass superhero. But, after experiencing death, she didn't want to go back there. She didn't want to die again. Hell, she just wanted to see the love of her life and her children. "Ahem.. kidding, totally kidding. It's just a sailor's sense." Catalina attempted to recover from her failed joke. But Amelia didn't listen. She kept on staring at the sky. Something about that damn sky was killing her. She also felt some of Cata's sailor's sense. She felt that the beginning of the storm was brewing. And it was coming from space.

* * *

Sluuuuuuurp. Amelia licked her lips. She ravenously ate her spaghetti. Catalina grew impatient. Her prestige showing greatly as people gawked at her from across the restaurant. "Could you not eat like that?" Catalina hissed quietly at Amelia.