8 | screwed

8 | SCREWED

Amelia sat behind Natasha's pilot seat to look out the windshield as Nat flew the crew to Wakanda, where Catalina promised help would be provided

Amelia sat behind Natasha's pilot seat to look out the windshield as Nat flew the crew to Wakanda, where Catalina promised help would be provided. Steve was already well acquainted with T'Challa. T'Challa gave Steve's longtime friend, Bucky, a place to refuge while he was in trouble. "Drop to 2,600. Heading 030." Steve instructed Natasha.

"I hope you're right about this,or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to." Falcon spoke up to Catalina. He was entirely too skeptical of Catalina's advice to fly straight into a mountain and then Wakanda will appear.

"I didn't believe it at first either." Catalina mentioned, chuckling to herself at how ignorant one is before they are finally exposed to something.

Rest assured, within seconds the scenery changed. What once looked like forestry mountains turned into a city surrounded by waterfalls. It seemed as if they had all entered an alternate universe. And it was beautiful.

* * *

The jet swiftly landed before Wakanda's palace, where T'Challa and Okoye stood waiting for the visitors. The superheroes all exited the jet confidently, with the exception of Bruce, and locked their eyes onto T'Challa. "Should we bow?" Amelia heard Bruce whisper to Rhodey.

"Yeah, he's a king." Rhodey replied, sarcastically. Catalina was all the way in the back of the group and heard their quick remarks. She couldn't help but to chuckle.

Amelia's strides were in sync with Steve's. The two walked hand in hand together out of the jet and greeted T'Challa with a curt nod. Steve reached out and firmly shook his hand. "Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve mentioned.

T'Challa simply smiled at Steve then diverted his attention to Amelia. "I don't think we've met." T'Challa eyed her.

"I've been dead." Amelia blatantly told.

T'Challa huffed then shrugged. "Sounds normal. I am T'Challa Udaku, King of Wakanda." He introduced himself.

"I am Amelia Stinson, um... a mother, and wife? Sounds kinda weak compared to you." Amelia joked.