9 | here

9 | HERE

Liviana and Valdís managed to slip past the few hundred creatures that were left after Thor arrived

Liviana and Valdís managed to slip past the few hundred creatures that were left after Thor arrived. The twins ran over to their father and joined him in fighting off more of the beasts. "Aren't you supposed to be at school?!" Steve chastised his daughter, Valdís. Liviana didn't attend school, although she did online courses.

"Aren't you supposed to be in jail? We've all got questions we want answered, dad." Valdís scoffed at him.

Steve simply shook his head at the girls and sighed. He wasn't sure how he was going to break the news that their mother was about twenty feet away from them and not dead. "I missed your sarcasm." Steve sarcastically told Val.

"Well, I didn't miss your patronizing. Tony's been a great substitute dad." Val chuckled as she lunged over to another creature and stabbed it with a knife she had on her belt.

"What's going on? What's all this about?" Liviana asked, finally getting to the important information. 

"A man named Thanos is trying," Steve took out another beast, "to get all of the infinity stones to kill half of the universe. Vision has one and your mother has a piece of one." Steve's tongue slipped and he told them about their mother.

From afar, Amelia saw Steve speaking to the girls while battling the beasts. So, she began to approach them, all the while killing the pesky creatures in the process. "What? Is he gonna dig her grave up or something." Val cackled at the thought of a super villain grave robbing.

"Or she's just gonna dig herself out of her grave." Amelia announced as she came close to the three.

Liviana looked at her and gasped. She looked exactly like the woman she saw in New York confronting the UFO that looked like a donut. And... she looked exactly like her mother. Amelia saw a light flicker in Liviana's eyes, but Val still didn't seem to wrap her head around the situation. "Good to see you inherited my crude humor." Amelia hinted that she was her mother.

Val dropped her jaw. "No fucking way." Val cursed, her mouth tearing open into a smile.

"Language!" Steve snapped at her.

"Oh my bad." Val apologized to him then turned to look at her mother. She was beautiful. She was exactly how Val imagined her to be. She was in shock and didn't know what to do except keep fighting off the creatures.

Amelia didn't know what to do either. She hadn't thought of what would come next after introducing herself to her daughters. So, she diverted her attention to ridding Wakanda of the infiltrating beasts. Within minutes, large mechanisms began heading straight for Wakanda. They looked like rolling discs, but ten thousand times larger. They ripped the ground to shreds as it rolled on toward the city. "Fall back! Fall back now!" T'Challa shouted through the com to inform all of the soldiers.

Everyone fled away from the mechanisms to avoid getting crushed by it. It was certainly a sight for sore eyes. Everyone on ground couldn't do anything to stop the mechanisms except keep killing the beasts that still littered the battleground. Sam and Rhodey both attempted to stop the mechanisms with their own tech, but it was no use. Wanda must've seen from the lab what was going on, and within seconds, she swooped in and used her powers to force stop the machines. "Guys, we got a Vision situation here." Sam announced into the coms.

Amelia looked over and saw Vision flying out of the lab with an enemy in hand. "Somebody get to Vision!" Steve frantically shouted into the com.

"I got him." Bruce responded and zoomed straight over to help him. "Guys. Vision needs back-up now." Bruce spoke moments after saying he'd go and help.

"Seriously? Where's Hulk, Bruce?" Amelia groaned into the com. There was no response. Amelia sighed and began running toward the scene where Vision and Bruce were. Vision had been stabbed and Bruce's suit was getting beat and ripped apart.

"Hiberent." Amelia whispered to stop time. Everything was suddenly frozen and the world was quiet. Amelia reached Vision and Bruce and saw two aliens, likely Thanos' comrades, attacking Vision and Bruce. Amelia quickly handled them by viciously cutting out what she thought were their hearts. "Reverti." She whispered to restore time. The two aliens dropped dead right before her feet.

"Jesus Christ, Amelia you couldn't have done that earlier?" Bruce gasped for air out of pure exhaustion.

Amelia rushed over to Vision's side to analyze his wound. "You'll be okay. They've got medical teams here." Amelia assured him.

Vision began to groan in extreme pain. "What is it? What?!" Amelia checked his head to see if there were any other wounds. She only noticed that his inifinty stone began to glow. At that same moment, a warm, stabbing feeling began to occur in Amelia's gut. She grunted in pain but persisted to stand.

"He's here." Vision announced.