21 | epilogue

21 | EPILOGUE

At Tony and Amelia's funeral, everyone that ever considered one of them a friend attended

At Tony and Amelia's funeral, everyone that ever considered one of them a friend attended. Those that were loyal and genuinely kind went and mourned over the two. They knew their world wouldn't be the same without them. "Amelia was our destiny. Our superhero. She came back to life for one purpose, and one purpose only, to save us all from Thanos. Once she served that purpose, her mission was complete and she could lay her head back to rest. This time, with an honorable death." Catalina told Steve.

Steve held back his tears. He wanted to say screw prophecy, screw destiny. He wanted to keep her for himself, forever and always. But, instead, he simply accepted the hug Catalina gave him.

* * *

Valdís stood in the mirror of her apartment. She was wearing her mother's original navy suit, the very one she wore when she was still in the SSR. It was strange wearing the outfit, but it was also almost comforting. Although the suit had been cleaned, it still had her peculiar scent stuck to it. Val was glad she finally got to grow close to her mother in those past few years, she was appreciative of all the stories she got to hear and all the adventures her mother had before she had her and her sister.

Valdís picked up her father's shield, although broken and rugged, it was symbolic of the unity between the two captains. The shield fit so well with her mother's suit. Her father, Steve, had taken her mother's advice and time travelled one last time to go back to when he had first met her in the SSR to grow old and happy with her. It seemed to work as he had recently reappeared in the present as an old man. He told Val everything had went as planned and he got to live his normal and full life with Amelia, maybe it wasn't the superhero Amelia, but it was still the Amelia he had initially fell in love with.

Out of nowhere, Peter walked into her bedroom and stopped to admire the suit and shield. "Awesome." Peter commented.

"I lost them all. My sister. My father. My mother." Val watched a tear fall out from her eye in the mirror.

"Hey," Peter approached her, "everything will be okay. We will be okay."

* * *

Catalina and T'Challa returned to Wakanda to rule. Soon after, Catalina fell with child and in due time, she gave birth to a healthy baby boy. She named him Anthony Zabe Udaku, after her old mentor, Tony Stark.

* * *

Rhea and Thor joined Peter Quill and company on their ship to hitch a ride elsewhere. Thor crowned Valkyrie as Queen of Asgard, leaving him no more responsibilities and paths to take in his life. This simply gave him plenty of time to help Rhea find out what happened to her sisters after they were kidnapped by Thanos before the first snap. When she explained her mission to the Guardians of the Galaxy, they were excited to jump in and help. So, off they went to explore the galaxies in search of Phoebe and Cassiopeia.