16 | rhea and rebirth

16 | RHEA AND REBIRTH

Tony and Amelia sped over to the Avengers headquarters the next morning, eager to share the news

Tony and Amelia sped over to the Avengers headquarters the next morning, eager to share the news. When they arrived, they spotted Steve standing somberly at the entrance, feeling hopeless about the situation they were in. Banner must've not made any progress on time traveling on his end. Tony rolled down the window as they rolled up next to Steve. "Hey hottie, you single?" Amelia joked as she poked her head out the window of the car.

"I can be for you, just don't tell my wife." Steve grinned, playing along with her.

Tony chuckled then hopped out of the car to open the trunk. Amelia turned off the engine and got out of the car to greet Steve with a kiss. When she parted, she grabbed his face and smiled. "What's going on?" Steve asked, confused as to why she was so happy.

Amelia rose her hand and showed the device she and Tony had hastily assembled the night before. "We figured it out. A fully functioning time-space GPS." Amelia announced.

Steve smiled and held back his urge to cheer. "Our goal is to bring back what we lost and keep what we have now." Amelia explained to Steve.

"Exactly. So that means you can't screw up once we get started. You have to protect Amelia or else Morgan will kill me if her favorite person— other than me, of course— goes away." Tony shot a threatening look over at Steve.

"I don't plan on losing her, she's my favorite person, too." Steve assured Tony.

"Hey, back off buddy, Morgan's already claimed her." Tony rose his hand, jokingly, at Steve.

"I have a gift for you two." Tony waved over Steve and Amelia over to peek into the trunk. Tony picked out Steve's gift and rose it so that they could see it. It was his shield. Tony handed it to him.

"Tony," Steve sighed, "I don't know."

"Why? He made it for you." Tony referenced his father, Howard Stark, who had made Steve's classic vibranium shield for him and made many gadgets and suits for Amelia. Amelia grew anxious to see what Tony was going to give to her.

Tony picked out an outfit that was carefully folded and handed it to Amelia. Amelia opened it up and instantly recognized the suit to be the first suit Howard Stark had ever made her. She almost traded up at the sight. The lightweight, impenetrable cloth had the same scent of perfume Amelia used to wear all those decades ago. The navy blue suit was so nostalgic she almost felt like she was seeing it for the first time in mirror. Amelia was speechless. She didn't know what to do except engulf Tony in a tight hug. Usually, Tony wasn't one to accept hugs, but he knew how much it meant to her to see the suit again. And he was glad he could bring back some happiness in her life because of it. "I found it in some old box I hadn't gone through before." Tony explained.

"I love it."

* * *

Amelia was sent with Rocket to go retrieve Thor to complete the team of Avengers in order to go back in time and retrieve the infinity stones. "You shouldn't have come." Valkyrie shouted at Amelia from afar. She barely knew the girl, but did know she was a kind friend to Thor.