THE WAR: TWO

"The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it; you can only face it

"The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it; you can only face it. The question is, when you do – How do you respond? Who do you become?"

______

THE WAR: TWO

NEW YORK CITY

Peter wouldn't be able to explain what happened after Valeria seemingly disappeared into a yellow portal to him now holding onto one of his webs way too high up in the air past his comfort zone. He could feel his lungs begin to clog up, putting together that the raising altitude was going to kill him before the Squidward mixed with Voldemort looking alien got the chance to. His mind went to Valeria, wondering if she was okay and cursed himself for not being able to pull her away from the portal. Why would the wizards that he's supposed to save send a portal for Valeria? It didn't make sense whatsoever.

"Peter? Peter, I'm gonna need you to do something for me okay?" Peter's eyes went wide inside of his mask, recognizing that voice from anywhere. It was coming from where he would usually only hear Tony or Karen's voice. This has to be it, he was going crazy. "Okay Karen, I know I talk about Valeria to you sometimes but you don't have to mess with me like this."

"Um, I-, um, Parker? It's actually me." Unbeknownst to him, the girl behind the iron nano-tech suit felt her face heat up, she wouldn't admit that it did though. Brushing away the sudden confession to focus on what Tony asked her to, rushing up the sky to reach the boy who was now clinging onto the space ship. "Tony is sending something but it may not get here on time so just fall okay? I'll catch you." Glancing down with the little energy he had left, Peter only became more confused as he saw two iron suits coming up to where he was, one ahead of the other.

"What do you mean catch me? Val, what the hell-"

"Kid, just listen to her. Fall down if you don't want your lungs to collapse." Hearing Tony's voice was now a shock, especially as he referred back to Valeria. Too many questions began to clog up his brain, opting out into asking any of them because if he took any longer falling down he was gonna die.

Taking off his mask, he lets go and shut his eyes. Not knowing if he'd truly be caught, his eyes snapped open as his figure collided with another.

"I got you." Her suit was beige, it was the only way he was able to distinguish her from Tony's before he heard her voice. "Y-Y-You have some explaining t-t-to do." All the conversations that they once shared over the span of two years flashed in his mind, Peter couldn't understand why she couldn't be honest with him about this. He'd trusted her, she'd told him so much other things. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't hurt. Valeria could feel the confusion radiate from him, as well as the lack of air getting to him. Glancing down, she saw something rocket pass Tony, "Now, Valeria!"

"I know I do, but first, I gotta let you go."

"Val, wait-" Not allowing him to finish his sentence, Valeria let Peter slip from her arms, falling right into the suit that she'd seen Tony work just as hard as he'd worked on hers. She smiled inside of her suit, remembering the name she gave it, Iron Spider.

Peter landed right back onto the space ship, doing some super cliche superhero pose, Valeria thought. "Wow, Mr. Stark! It smells like a new car in here!" Flying up to join the two, Valeria noticed Peter turn to her and despite not being able to look past his mask, his mixture of utter amazement and confusion worried her a bit. This so wasn't the way she wanted Peter to find out everything. She most certainly didn't think she'd have to explain this while they were going to space.

"Alright Friday, send them home." Not being able to question Tony right after he muttered the order, Valeria felt her suit magnetically connect to Peter's new iron suit. Feeling both of them being pulled down by the parachute installed in Peter's suit, Valeria's mind rushed through numerous ways that she's gonna have to explain the boy magnetically stuck to her at the moment how that's even possible once they landed.

But at the same time, her eyes caught one last glimpse of Tony. He was going inside the ship, he was going to go up to space. She felt her heart sink a bit, remembering the times her mentor would have moments he'd have to leave the lab whenever the topic of space came up. Rhodey would tell her to continue working on her homework as he went to go check up on him, Valeria stealing glances of Rhodey sitting besides him and calming him down. She knew Tony would step away because he didn't want to trigger Valeria's own panic attacks that she would still experience from memories of her kidnapping in Sokovia. They were both getting better as time went by, she was proud of him. Now she was afraid it'll all go down the drain the moment he's back in the place that has ruined his mind longer than she's known him.

Her train of thought was interrupted by the feeling of her suit disconnecting with Peter's, who she noticed was now holding onto a single web. Urgently trying to power on her flight system as she felt herself almost free fall down, Peter's spider sense ran through his body again, picking himself to finally land on the outer floor of the space ship. Finding stability, he snapped his arm to her direction and releasing another web to catch her. The thought that she could've just flew down safely in her suit only entered his mind later, he only listened to his sense that told her she was in danger.

Trying to bring her up, Peter nearly stumbled back as he felt his web being cut with nothing at the end. The worst possible thought immediately came to him, looking down in hopes that Valeria hadn't fallen, he was met with her flying up to where he was after cutting the web after activating her flight system. Moving aside to leave her room in the cramped spot they managed to land on the spaceship, Peter still couldn't believe that Valeria was next to him, in an iron suit, on a spaceship, going to space.

"Man, I really should've just showed up to our date." His nerves overtook him once again, blurting out anything that came up in his mind. Besides, not being able to see her face underneath her suit made it easier.

"Our- wait, did you say date? You're telling me this when we're halfway up to outer freaking space trying to save a wizard in a donut shaped ship which is most likely going to earn us a lecture from Tony? Smooth, Parker."

——-

AUTHORS NOTE: ahhh omg so next chapter will be some added in scenes because we have so many limited ones that I might as well add some more to develop it more! hope y'all like this shitty chapter shdjdj

thank you for the love and support as always <3