THE WAR: EIGHT

"No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again

"No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again."

______

THE WAR

TITAN

"Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something and I eat one of you, I'm sorry." After almost crashing to their death had it not been for Strange's extra magic help, Valeria felt the eeriness of the planet they just arrived in sink in. Initially, she only felt the sadness and loneliness that Titan gave out, making her believe that they were the only ones present in the planet. But all it took was a look she shared with Peter to know that wasn't true. The two teens nodded in agreement, their senses practically colliding with one another.

"I don't want another single pop culture reference out of you, or you, for the rest of the trip. You understand?" Tony's comment earned him a look from Valeria, who had yet to mutter a pop culture reference in their time in a donut spaceship. "I've controlled myself fairly well for someone who is carrying their own lightsaber and was dubbed the superhero name "Force" thank you very much."

"Um, guys, not to ruin... whatever this is. But something is coming." Val's eyes went from Peter to a circular ball landing in the middle of the group. Right on cue, she felt herself be thrown back as the ball exploded, landing right besides Peter.

"THANOS!" Before Valeria could understand why the man had let out the name of the man they were here to fight towards them, the sounds of blasters being shot made her pick herself up from the floor in which Peter still was trying to recover. "Peter, come on. We have to help Strange and Tony." Placing her hands on both sides of his face, which was covered by his mask, Peter forcibly blinked several times in order for his vision to become clear again. Once it did, he noticed someone coming up behind them. Noticing that they had antennas in their head didn't help reduce his panic either.

"Ah! Please don't lay your eggs on her! Or me... or both!" Lifting his hands up, Val sharply turned to see webs being shot at the alien who had began to approach them. Both crawling away from her as Peter kept shooting his webs defensively, Val watched as the girl before them started to fall down only for Peter to be kicked across the ship by someone else. "Stay down, clown!"

Valeria didn't have time to think about Peter as she quickly took notice of the man with some sort of protective space mask on switching his attention and blaster towards her. She could feel the desperation and anger radiating off him, making her second guess which side he was on. Before she was able to question the man, the sound of him pulling the trigger of his blaster to shoot at her forced her to do the alternative: fight.

"What the fu--" In a matter of seconds, Valeria had managed to deter every blaster the man shot at her with the swift motion of her hand. Sensing the confusion and frustration arise in him, Valeria was ready to keep dodging the shots but was cut short when Tony came flying in and kicked him away from her. "You know Val, you have a very cool nanotech suit at the push of a button, right? Or even that on invention you were working on. Right now would be an excellent time to use it!"