05

sejeong's pov

The alarm went off just as usual. But instead of complaining about the loud buzz and covering my ears with the pillow, I simply turned it off. And you're right, I wasn't able to sleep. All the thoughts kept haunting me and the moment of seeing him kept on replaying in my mind. I couldn't take this off my mind even though I've tried to distract myself with every method possible. And here I am, sleepless and so tired that I don't even bother applying any makeup to cover my dark eye circles, and my pale skin.

After bidding goodbye to my parents, I simply head back to school. The weather is nice, but it certainly isn't nice enough to cheer up someone like me; The road is quite, but it definitely isn't calm enough to make me feel peace. On my way I passed through a park, it gives off that aesthetic vibe and it's not hard to spot couples having fun even in the early morning. I slowed down my pace a little and thought about how much fun they must be having.

It didn't take me long to notice mark is also there.

I guess he's having a fun time dating with his sandwich though. :D

I slowly sat down on the bench next to him. "good morning" I quietly said. But he didn't seem to know about me since he's too concentrated with his headphone on. I playfully took off his headphone and he seems shocked with the sudden action that his eyes widened.

"OMG you scared me!!" He screamed.

I just chuckled at his response and continued observing the couples in the park.

"This is such a nice place though, I wish I had taken the initiative to visit here earlier."

"Sejeong why do you sound like making a presentation lol." Mark said while munching his sandwich.

"Are you done with your breakfast yet? I guess it's about time going to school." I responded.

We certainly have bonded a lot with each other lately. And I don't feel awkward at all although we didn't talk while walking. "Oh and about yesterday," I started. "Sorry for bothering you... it's no big deal so you don't have to worry about that." I let out a fake smile, so fake that I think mark noticed how I was feeling the exact opposite deep inside my heart.

mark's pov

I actually wanted her to know she can tell me everything. She doesn't have to be strong in front of me. She doesn't have to hide them all. From her expressions it's obvious she is lying.

But I respect her decision, and I believe this is not the right time to ask her about what has happened. I just simply held her hand hoping she would feel more secure and at ease. I want her to know someone is always here to protect her.

narrative

The school day went on pretty normally. After all the little talks and fun time she has with her friends at school, she felt much better. For some moments she could even completely forget about what has happened not long ago. And she's glad about that, because she would rather lost all her memories so that she doesn't have to remember anything, or anyone who has hurt her.

Afterschool. sejeong even went to play some arcade games with her friends. It was so much fun and you can see the happiness on sejeong's face. It is real, the happiness is real and the laughs are real. She felt as if she is just a normal teenager having fun with her friends, who doesn't have to worry about anything in life.

It's 8pm already and the little girls has decided to go home. On the way home sejeong kept on humming to her favourite songs and skipped a little when she noticed the pretty accessories showcased in front of the shops. It was a perfect day for her. But such perfect days will only appear in movies, in fairy tales, but never in reality.

Once sejeong went back home she started to help her mum prepare for dinner.

sejeong's pov

"Honey, when you set up the table, take with you an extra set of tableware, we have a guest joining dinner today." Mum said while smirking at me.

I wonder who that guest is... but it actually isn't rare for my parents to invite someone over for dinner, since their social circle is pretty wide-spread.

I sat down on the table once everything is done. The doorbell rang almost simultaneously and mum immediately ran to open the door. I guess that person must be an important guest. As my seat is back facing the door, I didn't know who the guest is. I was simple scrolling instagram and fully unaware of what is happening around me, until someone sat next to me.

My jaw dropped as I recognise the tall figure next to me.

"Honey, see who we invited here! It surely has been long since you and guanlin met right? This is a perfect time for you guys to catch up with each other!" Mum said excitedly.

Wow great mum, I honestly do not feel the need to catch up with this person right here. And I certainly did not expect my night to be ruined by this. I met mark in the morning, had fun playing with my friends after class,,, I guess it's right people say a day wouldn't end perfectly without something wrong happening.

Sigh... what am I gonna do now?