08

sejeong's pov

"OH geez what have I done?? It's gonna be so embarrassing meeting him in school next week like how should I react when I see him?? Chaeyoung?? You still in line?? Hi?"

"Calm down sejeong, it's not like you two haven't done anything intimate before lol"

"Yea I know but that was like ages ago... and after all that happened two years ago?? I start to regret having my guards down so easily..."

"Don't worry too much and go to sleep alright? Everything will be fine I promise."

Even with chaeyoung's reassurement, I still feel 99% worried about getting back with guanlin. He's sweet but he has hurt me as well, is it worth being back together if it means risking another heartbreak? I guess I'll really need a deep thought about it before making any decisions.

narrative

Drowned in her own thoughts, sejeong drifted to sleep swiftly. The next day came in the blink of an eye. Everything started as how they should be, except that there was a new message on sejeong's phone.

"hey sejeong, do you have anything planned for today? wanna hang tgt?"

It was a message from Mark.

mark's pov

It's been a few days since I've heard from sejeong. To be honest, we haven't met for a long time, but it just feels like we've been best buds for years. But something's strange, it's like I'm always worrying about her. After meeting that guy on the street, I could feel the urge to protect her. I really have no idea what's going on with me, I guess I'm just worried about her right? URgh I guess I really should ask her what happened.

It was 3pm when we met at the mall.

"So, is there anything you wanted to do?"

"I heard there's a newly opened escape room, shall we go have a try?" She sounded so excited.

"Anything for ma princes-" *yikes* Why was I so mindless about my words???

"What did you say just now?" She has this cheeky smile on her face. It made me wonder if she heard that or not.

narrative

It took them a few moments to arrive at the venue. On their way to their destination, Mark suggested listening to some music, and Sejeong gladly accepted the idea. They both were listening from Mark's airpods, and this was when they figured out they had similar tastes in music. Sometimes, Sejeong would be so immersed in the music that she just hummed along to the melody. Mark would take little glances at her, delighted that he had made the girl beside her at least relaxed for this little while.

Once they arrived at the game room, Sejeong excitedly jumped to the counter, waiting for the registration. After being informed about the rules, they were told to be blindfolded. There were staff that brought them into the room.

"You can now take off your eye masks!" The staff-in-charge exclaimed.

"You will have a total of one hour to escape from this room! Good Luck!"

The instructions of the staff were accompanied by the intro of some eerie music. When they took off their eye masks, they found themselves in a room with skeletons, treasure boxes, just as what you would have imagined to be in a horror movie.

"YAH sejeong YOU did NOT tell me it's gonna be scary! OMG what should I do now I can't do this!!"

"Mark, I did not imagine you to be a scaredy cat though AHAHAHA" Sejeong teased.

Suddenly, the TV on the wall started to play something. Sejeong was shocked by the sudden sound that was being played, that she did not realise she was holding on to Mark's arm, which made them both blush a little afterwards.

And that was how their adventure began.

-

GUESS WHO IS BACK!!!!! haha i haven't logged in my account for almost a year now and i was so surprised to see that theres still people who read my storyy. i feel like i owe you guys so much so i decided that i need to finish this story!! please forgive me for the poor quality chapter tho its really been a long time since ive lasted written a narrative. :(( anyways, stay safeeeeee guys!! esp when theres this new disease around, its important to stay healthyy. last but not least, love you guysssss x