Back

[So this is now in season 2]

"Are you sure you wanna go back to school?" My dad looks at me from his plate. "You just got back last night."
"I'm ready to come back." I nod and finish my coffee. "I mean, I've missed a lot of school already."
"I know, I'm just worried about you."
"Don't worry, I'm perfectly fine. I mean, sure Quinn stopped talking to me as soon as school started and she went kinda crazy...and has a boyfriend." I trail off and shake my head. "Maybe I'll find another cute girl."
Carol laughs while my dad rolls his eyes. I chuckle and stand from my chair, putting everything into the sink and hoping up on the counter.
"You're up early." Kurt yawns whilst Finn follows behind him.
"Yeah, I like getting up early now." I shrug. "I even made you guys breakfast!"
"Okay, I want my twin back."
I roll my eyes playfully and mess up my twins hair to get on his nerves a little.
"It's a new and improved Max Hummel!"
"I love the enthusiasm." Finn laughs.
"I love that you used the correct term." I tease and jump down happily.

Back at this dump, I might be happier but I still hate school, but this time I'm acting different about it. Just trying to focus on school and glee club. I wonder if I have to audition again. I shrug and my own thoughts and walk into the school, being greeted by Mercedes who runs right into my arms.
"I missed you."
"I missed you too." I laugh and squeeze her tightly.
"What's with the hair?"
"I thought I'd get a change when I got back, start fresh." I shrug and look over to Artie.
"What's eating him?" I nod in his direction.
"Uh, Tina and Artie broke up...she left him for Mike Chang." Kurt whispers.
"I see..." I open my mouth to speak when this annoying Jacob kid walks over.
"And our very own McKinley High's alcoholic lesbian has returned from her stay at rehab, anything to say?" He points a microphone in my face.
"Yeah, if you put that in my face again...I'm going to stick it so far up your ass that you'll be tasting metal."
"That's not what she said, because she doesn't like men."
This kid.
I roll my eyes and shove him out of the way, even then he doesn't get my message.
"Does this kid ever give up?" I mutter and turn to him.
"How does it feel that Quinn Fabray moved on with the new kid-" I cut him off by kicking him in the crotch.
"Sorry, no more questions...I accept fan mail only now." I smirk and walk on to find my old locker.

I take a seat in the auditorium, leaning back into my chair happily.
"Oh wow, you're back." Santana laughs.
"Yep, miss me?" I wink and laugh softly.
"Nah, it's been good without you."
I smirk and give a playful wink, at least she's being nice on my first day back.
"Okay guys, we're going to do Rocky Horror." Mr Shcue looks at me and grins. "Welcome back, Max!"
"Thanks, Mr S." I nod once and look around. "It's good to be back sober and aware of everything." My eyes meet a certain blonde's who looks a little shocked.
"Anyway, I'm going to be pairing up parts."
"Does that mean I can play Rocky?" I ask and raise an eyebrow.
"Uh, I don't think that's a good part for you..."
"Why? Because I'm a girl? I worked hard on getting a better mind, soul and body." I frown and sit forward for this argument.
"Is that's why you have a packet of cigarettes hanging out of your jean pocket?" Quinn cuts in. "Sam is going to make an amazing Rocky."
I scoff quietly, rolling my eyes at Quinn. What's gotten into her? She was all over me before I got back.

"Quinn!" I yell as I chase after the cheerleader.
"Max, what do you want?"
I frown deeply at the snapping from my supposed to be best friend, what the fuck?
"Quinn, what's gotten into you? You were cool with me until you decided to dye your hair and act like a skank, now you're back to normal and acting like a bitch towards me?"
"You left me all summer, all I had were letters from you."
"I was getting better so I could come back to you." I lean on the locker and sigh heavily.
"Well, I have Sam now." Quinn slams the locker closed and looks me in the eyes.
"I know, but just remember who's been there for everything, and I'll always be here...no matter what, and I know you're gonna find your way back to me." I wink and walk away happily.

"Hey, little rebel." I look at Santana and laugh.
"Hey."
"So, Quinn has obviously been a bitch about everything and I kind of missed you."
I smirk arrogantly, looking the Latina up and down slowly.
"Really?" I chuckle and lean against the lockers.
"Yeah, why don't I come to your place and we can...have some fun?"
"Sounds like a date."

I look around at the stage and roll my eyes. Mr S wants me to do the "running" I hate it already. Although, I had fun last night with a certain Latina. It was a good stress reliever for me I guess, sucks it wasn't Quinn though.
"Could I get some board shorts or something? I'm scared I'm gonna...show some nuttage." I scoff at the dimwit Sam.
"Your balls aren't big enough to show." I speak out loud, earning a glare from Quinn and a giggle from Santana.
I'm jealous, I can't help it. That's the girl I love with some dude! She's supposed to be mine.
"Max, that's enough." Mr Shcue glares.
"Why don't I just play Rocky? I wouldn't be worrying everyone with tiny balls!"
"Max, I've made it clear that you're not playing Rocky!"
"Isn't that what Rocky Horror is about? Breaking the boundaries?"
"Max, get out."
I look around the room and laugh softly.
"Fine, but good luck with this dumb ass." I point at Sam before walking away angrily.

I'm going to take this glee club back, and I'm winning Quinn.