Prom

I open the door to the hotel room, grinning at the chocolates next to the bed. I dive on and quickly grab one.
"Oh no, Max." Kurt snatches it.
"What?" I pout.
"Your sweet tooth is so bad." He shoves the chocolate in his mouth.
I roll my eyes and sit back, watching everyone going on about what we could do. I shrug, sitting up slowly.
"I am going for a cigarette since I can." I get off the bed and step outside.
I check my phone, Quinn text me again. She's pissed that I'm not there,  I can't help it. I wasn't going to see her dance with my brother when they win. I toss the cigarette and head back inside. I take a seat on the floor since my twin and Blaine are hogging the bed. Finn walks in just as Rachel walks out in her prom dress. I smile at the look he gives her.
"Come on, let's go to prom." Finn smiles.
"Let's go." Kurt agrees. "Max?"
"I dunno..." I mumble.
"This is our last time together, all of us. Don't waste it." Finn holds out his hand.
I sigh and take it, letting him he'll me up from the floor.

I walk into the room, looking around and smiling. Brittany approaches us and grins.
"Blaine, you can't use hair gel."
Blaine sighs, walking away only for my twin to chase him. I look around the crowd and sigh, sticking my hands into my pockets. I walk through the sea of people, hugging the guys from glee as I go. Mercedes and Sam point me out to Quinn who grins. I slowly walk towards her.
"You look..." I smile. "Wow."
"You look great." She nods back.
"Quinn...I'm sorry, I've been a dick. I should have been there."
"No, I've been horrible and avoiding you. I'm sorry." She reaches out for me.
I smile more, taking her hands in mine as we sway to the music. I look at the guys as the try and get me to join their song.
"Go! It's the last time you get to do this." Quinn yells.
I nod, running over to join them in singing What makes you beautiful. Everyone screams for us as we try and high five people in the crowd. I'm actually enjoying myself. This is what I wanted high school to be like, surrounded by friends, a girlfriend, out of the closet.

I jump down and rush over to Quinn who smiles up at me.
"You did amazing." She takes my hands again.
"Thanks." I grin, looking around. "Come on."
"What?"
I get behind the chair and wheel her over to the picture booth.
"We're getting a picture of us, right here at prom."
"I can't get up."
I shake my head and slowly pick my girlfriend off the chair bridal style. She giggles as I take her to the giant dinosaur, putting her in front of me as I wrap my arms around her, kissing her cheek. I see the flash go off and I take her back to the chair.
"Didn't think you'd ever want something like that."
"Gotta take something to LA with me." I shrug.
"You're not such a badass, you're so soft sometimes." She smirks.
"I'm only soft for you."

I watch as Finn and Rachel have their dance, I feel myself crying a little. I try to hide it when Mercedes comes along.
"I'm gonna miss you." She sighs, putting her head on my shoulder.
"I'm gonna miss you too." I sniff.
"You're crying?" Sam joins us.
"Yeah, but it's happy tears."
"We're all gonna miss you." Sam hugs me tightly.
I look at the stage when everyone starts cheering, I gasp as Quinn stands up from her chair. I can't help but cheer with everyone.

I run over to Quinn, picking her up and spinning us around.
"I'm so proud of you!" I laugh and kiss her hard.
"I wanted to surprise you..."
"That's why you were with Joseph?"
She nods slowly, cupping my face in her hands.
"I'm going to miss you."
"I'm going to miss you so much, we'll make this work."
"Always." She whispers.
"Forever."